Theoretically, there’s weeks to go until the Boxing Day sales, but in reality we’re now either experiencing early Boxing Day or very late Black Friday. This Beats by Dre deal is a Christmas cracker of a gift idea, by which I don’t mean it’s comparable to a paper crown and a plastic whistle.
This is, we are pleased to announce, the lowest ever price on the matte gold model, although it's not the lowest Beats Solo 3 price ever, and in fact you can get the 'gold' (non-matt) model for even less at just £142, although they are pre-used, and described as having, 'a small cosmetic imperfection on top'. Amazon actually suggests you buy the matte gold Solo 3 Wireless and the gold model and a gold carrying case because 'these items are often bought together'. Hmm, really?
These are solid gold-coloured deals on Beats' most iconic looking headphones. They sound very good too, and the battery, like gold – or is it diamonds? – lasts forever.
Over in the United States there are also some good Beats Solo 3 deals to be had, with Zavvi leading the pricing war with – yes! – the gold edition down to $174. BJs had the black one cheaper but that now appears to have sold out.
Why you should buy Beats by Dr Dre Solo3 Wireless
Their cool styling, Siri control and comfy, noise-blocking fit make the Solo3 Wireless a great deal at this price. The massive 40 HOURS of battery life is exceptional, while Fast Fuel recharging means a 5-minute charge gives 3 hours of play. The sound is upfront and pumping, as you would expect from Beats headphones.
If they do start to run low on juice, a five-minute charge provides three hours of playback so that sweet bass never has to end.
There's no noise cancelling on these headphones, but they do feature dual mics so you can take calls. On-ear controls let you play music, adjust the volume and activate Siri on the move. Apple iOS users get the benefit of faster wireless pairing but the standard Bluetooth pairing they use on Android devices is hardly slow. Connectivity is rock solid.
The flagship Beats headphones, at least in terms of iconic looks, these over-ears are £100 off today in a fetching ‘matt gold’ from the Beats Icon Collection. The cool styling, Siri control and comfy, noise-blocking fit make the Solo3 Wireless a great deal at this price, which is for one day only. Grab the gold while you can!View Deal
Shop the sales!
- Amazon.co.uk – massive sale on now
- ASOS - save up to 50%
- Boohoo - 30% off everything!
- Boots - save up to 50%
- Blacks - half price jackets and boots
- Carphone Warehouse - packed with discounts
- DFS - big discounts on sofas
- Dorothy Perkins - up to 50% off
- Dreams - save up to 50% on mattresses and beds
- eBay - discounts on pretty much everything
- ExpressVPN - save 49% on a subscription
- Jack Wills - up to 50% off
- Jessops - save up to £600 on cameras, lenses and more
- Homebase - the big sale is live
- Levi's - save up to 50%
- Living DNA - up to 30% off DNA test kits
- Lovehoney.co.uk - up to 50% off
- Microsoft - discounts on Surface and Xbox products
- New Look - 60% off
- Newegg - discounts on laptops, computers and parts
- Next - at least 50% off all sale items
- Now TV - discounts on entertainment, cinema, kids and sports passes
- River Island - save up to 60%
- Samsung - save on phones, TVs, smartwatches and more
- Simba – up to 40% off mattresses and sleep bundles
- Superdry - save up to 50%
- Timberland - save up to 40%
- TopShop - save up to 70%
- TopMan - 70% reductions
- Wiggle - discounted active wear