F1 returns this weekend, with the tricky task of living up to the thrills and drama of last season. The new campaign kicks off once more at the floodlit circuit of the Bahrain International racetrack - read on for your full guide to getting a Bahrain Grand Prix live stream and watching the start of the new F1 2022 season online from anywhere.
Lewis Hamilton (or Lewis Hamilton-Larbalestier as he now likes to be referred to as) had contemplated leaving the sport following last season's controversial title decider at the Abu Dhabi, which saw Verstappen pass his Mercedes rival on the final lap to take the title.
The new season brings new rules and new cars, with all cars equipped with longer noses for safety and regulation changes that are intended to make overtaking easier.
We've got all the info on how to live stream the Bahrain Grand Prix no matter where you are in the world with our guide below. And if you happen to be outside of the country and can't access your preferred domestic broadcaster of F1, you can always use a VPN to bypass those geo-restrictions.
What time can I live stream the F1 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix?
This first race of the F1 2022 season takes place at Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir on Sunday, March 20.
The green light is set to get lit at 6pm local time (AST), which is 3pm BST / 11am ET / 8am PT - and 2am AEDT on Monday morning.
How to live stream F1 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix if you're abroad
If you're out of the country for the this weekend's opening action from the 2022 F1 season, you can still get access to a live stream - simply use the best VPN around to avoid geo-restrictions.
With most domestic broadcasters locking streaming services to their country, you may hit a wall when it comes to accessing the likes of Sky, ESPN and TSN when overseas. However, by getting yourself a handy streaming VPN, you can hop onto a server within the US or UK (or anywhere else for that matter depending on where your online content is geo-restricted to), and this will switch your IP address to make it appear as if you're browsing right from the comfort of your own home.
ExpressVPN is our pick of VPN providers - With its consistent high speeds, and wealth of security features, alongside its ability to unlock geo-restricted content, you can live stream this weekend's Grand Prix with ExpressVPN.
Better still, it offers new customers a 30-day money back guarantee, allowing you to give it a go and find out if it's actually the service for you before you well and truly part with your hard-earned dollar. Better still, right now you can save 49% and receive an additional 3 months with your plan for free.
How to live stream F1 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix in the UK
In the UK, Sky has exclusive live broadcast rights to the F1 2022 season.
You can live stream the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sky Sports F1, with motor racing fans able to catch all of the action live and in 4K from 1.30pm GMT. The network is set to show races this season in 4K Ultra HDR.
If you don't already have a Sky package, you can also watch the F1 with a Now Sports pass.
How to live stream F1 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix in the US
ESPN will be offering comprehensive coverage of this season's action live in the US, with this race set to start Stateside on the network at 11am ET / 8am PT.
That means there's plenty of options for tuning in, but arguably the best for those wanting to watch an F1 live stream is Sling TV, whose Sling Orange package features ESPN channels for just $35 a month with new subscribers able to enjoy a 3-day free trial.
If you're already an ESPN subscriber, but are abroad during the 2022 F1 season, don't forget that you can still tune in like you're at home with the help of a good VPN.
How to live stream the 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix anywhere else in the world
No matter which corner of the world you're tuning in from, there is a F1 live stream for you.
For those willing to wake up at an unsociable hour Down Under, Fox Sports has the rights to show live F1 races in Australia. That means Foxtel and Kayo Sports subscribers can also watch online. Kayo Sports is currently offering a 14-day free trial, thereafter paying $25 a month for its Basic plan or Premium is $35. Race time for the Bahrain GP is at 2am AEDT on Monday.
New Zealanders can live stream all of this year's F1 races via pay TV streaming platform Spark Sport. Spark Sport usually costs $19.99 per month, but if you only want to watch this weekend's race, you're in luck, as there's a 7-day free trial. The Bahrain Grand Prix will start at 4am NZDT.
Canadian petrolheads can watch 2022 F1 action on English-language TSN or French-language RDS , with both premium channels offering livestreams online to subscribers. For cable cutters, watch the race online via the TSN Direct and RDS Direct , which cost just CA$4.99 a day or (the much better value of) $19.99 a month. The Bahrain Grand Prix starts at 11am ET / 8am PT for Canadian viewers.
French and Dutch motor racing fans can watch every race live on F1 TV Pro for just €7.99 a month, while Sky in Germany has the exclusive rights to every live F1 races this season after taking over the rights from national broadcaster RTL.
Sky Italia will be showing all 2022 season F1 action in Italy - which means motor racing fans in the region can stream every GP live via Sky's Now TV app. A 24-hour pass costs from €14.99.
The Bahrain GP is all set to start on Sunday at 4pm CET.
How to use a VPN to unblock any restrictions
If you're outside of your preferred broadcaster's boundaries, you can use a VPN to unblock any geo-restrictions and live stream the F1 Bahrain Grand Prix as if you were right at home. Here's our step-by-step guide on how to do just that.
- VPN - standing for virtual private network - offers security and anomality as you browse online, using set protocols to encrypt your data and make it unreadable to outsiders.
- As a part of that, you can also switch your IP address, which identifies your location.
- Most VPNs offer a list of locations where its servers are based to join. Connecting to them switches your IP to appear as if you're browsing from that country/city. In turn, you can then access content locked to that country.
- When it comes to finding a VPN, you should make sure you find the best one that's suitable for your chosen device, with VPN providers offering compatibility for a ton of devices, including VPN for Mac, and even a range of fairly nifty free VPNs.
- Once you've made the decision for the most suitable VPN for your device and your means for using a VPN, sign-up and install it.
- To live stream the Bahrain Grand Prix, all you need to do is select a UK server from its list of available servers and connect. You'll then be able to hop over those geo-restrictions with the likes of Sky Sports or ESPN opening its online gates to you.
- We also want to ensure your money is well spent, so we would recommend going for a VPN that offers a risk free trial. ExpressVPN is one of many providers that has a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Watching on your smart TV? Find the best Samsung VPN
- Save money on your subscription with the best VPN deals currently available
- Read about the best strength exercises according to F1 performance coach