I’m always on the lookout for products that are more eco-conscious, or that will help me pay more attention to my impact on the environment. Some of the best Prime Day deals will make that cheaper - I can buy what I need, or even what I want, knowing that they’re going to help me towards that goal in some way.
Although very few products can claim to be completely eco-friendly, all of these offer something in the way of sustainability. Some are made from sustainable materials, while others will reduce my plastic use and a couple of them will help me be more efficient with energy. From tech to kitchen accessories, these are the products I'll be putting in my basket during Amazon Prime Day 2021.
- Browse all Amazon Prime Day deals at Amazon UK (opens in new tab)
- Browse all Amazon Prime Day deals at Amazon US (opens in new tab)
The eco-friendly products I'll be buying on Amazon Prime Day
Kasa Mini Smart Plug by TP-Link: was £17.99, now £9.99 at Amazon (save £8) (opens in new tab)
The Kasa Mini Smart Plug by TP-Link, otherwise known as Slim KP115, is the best smart plug you can buy, in my opinion. Not only will it turn any device smart, but you can see its real-time and historical energy consumption, making you much more aware of how and when you use your tech. With a 44% discount, this is by far the cheapest the Kasa Mini Smart Plug by TP-Link has ever been. You won't need to buy any extras to go with it, like a hub, because it connects directly to your home WiFi using the Kasa smartphone app.
House of Marley Stir It Up Wireless Turntable: was £229.99, now £159.99 at Amazon (save £70) (opens in new tab)
I’ve been on the hunt for a turntable for a while now, but now that the House of Marley Stir It Up Wireless Turntable is 30% cheaper than usual, now is most definitely the time to buy. Like many of their products, it’s made from sustainably crafted bamboo.
Chilly's Water Bottle: was £25, now £12 at Amazon (save £13) (opens in new tab)
An everyday essential, Chilly’s Water Bottles are brilliant for keeping cold drinks cool and warm drinks hot. You’ll never need to use a plastic water bottle again. I know that because I already own one, but it’s too big for travel so I’m going to buy the smaller 500ml version. It’s so much cheaper for Prime Day!
Tado° Starter Kit - Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+: was £197.38, now £129.90 at Amazon (save £68) (opens in new tab)
Saving you money in the long run by using energy more efficiently, it’s definitely worth having one of the best smart thermostats (opens in new tab). The Tado° starter kit is compatible with the majority of boilers. It works alongside the location of your phone, and switches on when you’re in range. Right now it’s over 30% cheaper than usual.
Beeswax Wraps: was £9.95, now £7.96 at Amazon (save £2) (opens in new tab)
Prime Day is a good time to pick up smaller items too, like these beeswax wraps which are a great alternative to cling film. They’ll keep your food fresh and then just need to be washed before you use them again, and again, and again.
Amazon Prime Day alternative sales – UK
- Argos.co.uk (opens in new tab)– cheap Lego, toys, phones and more
- AO.com (opens in new tab) (opens in new tab)– huge sale on electrical appliances
- Currys.co.uk (opens in new tab) (opens in new tab)– Epic deals! Up to 40% off 100s of items
- Dell.co.uk (opens in new tab) (opens in new tab)– big savings on laptops and desktop PCs
- eBay.co.uk (opens in new tab) (opens in new tab)– up to 70% off in the eBay Outlet
- Very.co.uk (opens in new tab) – deals on electricals, fashion and home
- Lovehoney.co.uk (opens in new tab) – discounted sex toys and lingerie
- Goldsmiths.co.uk (opens in new tab) – savings on watches and jewellery
- John Lewis (opens in new tab) – great savings plus the John Lewis guarantee
- Le Creuset (opens in new tab) – premium cookware gets tasty discounts
- Nike (opens in new tab) – new sneakers at sneaky low prices
- ASOS (opens in new tab) – big savings on clothes
- Schuh (opens in new tab) – save big on shoes, boots and trainers
- The White Company (opens in new tab) – quality bedding at reduced prices
- Simba (opens in new tab) – save big on mattresses and sleep bundles
Subscribe to T3 magazine and get an extra 10% off (opens in new tab)
For Amazon Prime Day, we're offering you a cracking extra deal: if you subscribe to T3 magazine today, you can nab yourself an extra 10% off. Get each issue of T3 delivered to your door for just £2.84 when you use the code SUN10 at checkout. Offer runs until 9:59am (GMT) 2nd August 2021.