Have you been caught up in the PS5 frenzy and are now feverishly searching for your own next-gen console? According to Sony, you might be out of luck, as all of the stock has been cleared out, and it's frantically trying to replenish its supply.
Much like the Xbox Series X, it’s looking increasingly likely that those wanting either console might not get a chance before next year, with Microsoft already warning of months of shortages. PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan confirmed in a new interview that Sony's launch stock of PS5s has now been completely depleted.
- Black Friday PS5 restock: PlayStation 5 deals coming this week
- Xbox Series X restock goes live today at Currys
- PS5 issues: from PlayStation 5 crashes to bugs – here's how to fix all known problems
Speaking to Russian outlet TASS (opens in new tab), Ryan stated that “absolutely everything has been sold” with regards to current PS5 stock. This will come as no surprise to those who attempted to purchase a system at launch, or are trying to get hold of one in the subsequent (and upcoming) PS5 restock, as all major retailers are selling out within minutes of the inventory going live.
Rest assured, however, that Sony is devoting significant resources towards meeting the rabid demand. With all stock gone, Ryan is now “spending a lot more time on trying to increase supply to meet that demand.”
Whilst official PS5 launch sales figures have yet to be announced, there is intense speculation that Sony will have another record-breaking hit on its hands, with Jim Ryan saying that the PS5 launch will outdo the PS4s.
The console launches are particularly unusual given the COVID-19 pandemic, and Ryan has praised the manufacturing team who “worked miracles” to get the PS5 on shelves this year, even if they “might have had a few more to sell” had the pandemic not intervened.
Those who have been lucky enough to get hold of a system may have experienced some initial PS5 launch problems, but happily there are fixes to resolve them, and the hardware's reception has been largely enthusiastic.
If you’re still determined to grab a PS5 by year’s end, this week’s Black Friday deals might be the lucky break you’ve been hoping for. Don't expect discounts on the new hardware, but retailers are planning a PPS5 restock in time to meet shopping demand this week. Head over to our Amazon, Walmart and Best Buy PS5 restock guides so you don't miss out.
For everything else Black Friday, we've rounded up deals from around the web that you can take a look at below.
- Apple (opens in new tab) – see the latest Apple offers here
- Best Buy (opens in new tab) – massive savings across every department
- Dell.com (opens in new tab) – save big on notebooks, desktops, monitors and more
- eBay.com (opens in new tab) – big discounts in the eBay Brand Outlet
- Home Depot (opens in new tab) – save on furniture, smart home devices and more
- HP (opens in new tab) – save up to 30% on select products
- Lowes (opens in new tab) – save up to $500 on select appliances
- Lenovo (opens in new tab) – deep discounts on gaming laptops, student laptops and more
- Microsoft (opens in new tab) – Surface and Xbox deals plus Microsoft Store Exclusives
- Newegg (opens in new tab) – get your computer parts for less
- Nordstrom (opens in new tab) – deals on Hunter, UGG, The North Face and more
- Target (opens in new tab) – Target is going big on Black Friday this year
- Walmart (opens in new tab) – save big on tech, home appliances and much more