Swatch has announced that the limited ‘Mission to Moonshine Gold’ edition of the MoonSwatch will be available to buy again on 6th April.
The watch, which cannot be bought online, will be sold in 12 cities on Thursday 6th April. The date has been chosen to coincide with a full moon, something Swatch said would happen when the first batch of Moonshine Gold watches landed earlier in March.
The Moonshine Gold edition of the Swatch MoonSwatch is identical to the Mission to The Moon version, except for the the second hand, which is made from Omega’s Moonshine Gold, an 18K yellow gold alloy. The watch also comes in a different box, pictured below, and is being made in fewer quantities than other members of the MoonSwatch family.
The regular versions of MoonSwatch are still hard to buy, with Swatch stores regularly sold out of almost every model and online purchasing unavailable.
Unfortunately, many examples from the first Moonshine drop headed straight for eBay and other marketplaces, where they commanded a massive premium over the £250 / $260 / AU$380 retail price. It is difficult to see this situation not repeating itself on 6th April, where school holidays and evening store opening times will surely conspire to create another dose of MoonSwatch pandemonium.
If you’re feeling brave, the Moonshine Gold MoonSwatch will be available in Selfridges at the Trafford Centre in Manchester from 6pm on 6th April. The second wave of watches will also be available internationally at locations across the US, Europe and Asia. Here is where the watch will be sold this Thursday:
- Swatch, Selfridges, Trafford Centre, Manchester, UK: 18:00 BST
- KaDeWe Berlin, Germany: 20:30 CET
- Galeria Canalejas Madrid, Spain: 20:30 CET
- Swatch Store Times Square New York, USA: 19:00 EST
- Swatch Store Main Square Macau: 18:00 CST
- Swatch Store Rue du Marché Geneva, Switzerland: 18:00 CET
- Swatch Store Via Del Corso Rome, Italy: 20:00 CET
- Swatch Store Yokohama Vivre Yokohama, Japan: 18:00 JST
- Swatch Store Pitt Street Sydney, Australia: 19:00 AEDT
- Swatch Store Toronto Eaton Centre Toronto, Canada: 19:00 EDT
- Swatch Store Plaza Satélite Naucalpan de Juarez, Mexico: 19:00 CST
- Swatch Store IFC mall Seoul, South Korea: 19:00 KST
For more watch inspiration, check out the best digital watches you can buy today.