Amazon Prime Day 2023 is coming soon and I couldn’t be more excited. Over two days (11th-12th July), Prime members will be able to shop exclusive deals on a wide range of products, including TVs, laptops, phones, air fryers, smart speakers and much more.
While shopping the sale will save you loads of money, it’s always nice to save extra money where you can. With this in mind, Amazon is offering shoppers a chance to earn credits to spend on Prime Day. One offer gives you the chance to earn $5 worth of credit and the other is for $15 worth of credit. As far as I can see, you can take advantage of both offers and get $20 credit to spend in the Prime Day sale. So, what’s the catch? Well, you do have to spend money to earn the $5 credit but the $15 credit is up for grabs without any caveats.
- UK-based Amazon.co.uk Prime users can take part in the Prime Day Treasure Hunt for £10 off your order.
Here’s how you can earn both for money off your order on Prime Day.
First, you can earn $5 credit when you buy a $50 gift card. From now until the 10th July, all you have to do is buy a $50 Amazon eGift card via the promotional landing page. On this page, you need to add the offer to your Prime account, choose an eGift card of $50 or more and checkout. Once you’ve done this, you should receive an email on the same day as your order with your credit. The $5 credit will be added at the checkout for your next eligible purchase.
While you do have to spend money to get (less) money, using a gift card for shopping the Prime Day deals isn’t a bad idea. It’s a great way to budget yourself during the two day sale or you can give it as a birthday or anniversary present for someone else.
If, however, you’d rather not spend money on credits, or you want more than $5 off, this next offer will be right up your alley. Amazon is offering Prime members a $15 credit when you use Amazon Photos. All you need to do is upload a photo using the Amazon Photos app and you’ll receive a $15 credit to use on your eligible order of $30 or more.
The one ‘catch’ to this is the offer is only available for first-time users of the Amazon Photos app, so if you've never used this Prime benefit before, you’re in luck. To earn $15 off your Prime Day order, you need to upload a photo or photos by 7th July. Once you’ve done this, you’ll receive an email within 4 days (just in time for Prime Day) confirming that the credit has been applied to your account. Once you log into your account, you’ll be shown instructions on how to redeem it.
Other ways to save money on Prime Day...
1. Get a free trial – Amazon offers a free trial of its Prime services, which means you can save money in the Prime sale without paying a thing.
2. Look for renewed products – Amazon also offers refurbished products that are often as good as new (sometimes just not in their original boxes) that are sometime cheaper than even the sale price.
3. Look out for vouchers – Our Amazon Vouchers page has lots of extra discounts you can try that will save you money.
4. Use a credit card – If your credit card offers points for money spent, you could be earning while spending on Amazon. Some cards will even let you use your points directly on Amazon.