Truth bombs were dropped, lines were crossed, and - in turn - memes have been made and one Good Morning Britain TV presenter has walked. The reason behind this series of events? Well, you'll have to make sure you're all caught up by watching Oprah with Meghan and Harry: A Primetime Special.
Finally giving personal insight into what it was like to leave behind her successful career as an actress, Meghan Markle sat down alongside her husband with the legendary American talk show host, Oprah Winfrey. In the interview, both racism and mental health were discussed, as well as the ceaseless, often negative media attention they've received, particularly from the British press, and its impact on their decision to step down as working members of the royal family.
Airing on Sunday night in the US and the following evening in the UK, there have been a fair number of shocking revelations to come out of the interview, leaving a pretty blatant mark across the institution that is Buckingham Palace.
In recent developments, Buckingham Palace has released a statement. In particular, it said: "The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately."
Considering the differentiation made by Meghan herself in the interview of 'the firm' and the family itself being separate entities, this seems like a peculiar response considering a lot of the issue seemed to be placed in the innerworkings of the institution as a whole, particularly in terms of its Human Resources and Press departments.
Want to catch the interview first hand? Find out how to watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Oprah Winfrey interview completely for FREE wherever you are in this landmark TV event.
Oprah interview with Harry and Meghan: time, channel and FREE stream options
Oprah with Meghan And Harry: A Primetime Special aired in the US on Sunday, March 7 and so is now available to watch in full for FREE on the CBS website (opens in new tab).
There are plenty of ways to watch it for free around the world, including on the ITV Hub in the UK and 10play in Australia.
How to watch Harry and Meghan's Oprah interview when abroad
Happen to be out of the country and so are being blocked from watching your usual catch-up service to watch Oprah with Meghan And Harry: A Primetime Special? You can always use the best VPN to access your native broadcaster when you're outside of the country. Simply sign up, download the client to your chosen device and select a server in the destination you want to appear to be browsing from.
ExpressVPN - Watch the Oprah Prince Harry and Meghan Markle interview wherever you are with the best VPN (opens in new tab)
We've put all the top VPNs through the ringer and ExpressVPN remains on top, offering an intuitive interface, robust security features, excellent speeds, and fantastic compatibility across all streaming devices, allowing you to unblock geo-restricted content and watch on Apple TV, Fire TV Stick, Xbox and PlayStation consoles, and more.
Sign-up now and snatch Express VPN's annual plan, where you'll receive an additional 3 months free, as well as benefitting from its 30-day money back guarantee.
- Give ExpressVPN a try with its 100% money back guarantee (opens in new tab)
How to watch Oprah with Harry and Meghan: A Primetime Special in the US
Great news, stateside! Those in the US can now watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Oprah Winfrey interview in its entirety and absolutely FREE on the CBS website here (opens in new tab).
Watch the Harry and Meghan Oprah interview: how to stream outside the US and for FREE
No subject off the table, a lot of feathers have been ruffled with the long awaited Oprah Winfrey interview with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Make sure you know how to watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Oprah interview wherever you are around the globe.
For Brits, the Oprah with Harry and Meghan was aired on ITV the day after its release in the US. That means you can now hop on to the ITV Hub (opens in new tab) to watch back. You can watch on just about any device, with apps available on iOS, Android, as well as most Smart TVs, current gaming consoles, and media streamers like Fire Stick and Roku. For those in Scotland, STV (opens in new tab)will be your go-to to catch up on the interview.
For Australians, Network 10 bagged the rights, which means you can now watch free online thanks to the station's 10play (opens in new tab) site and apps.
In Canada, the rights were secured by Global TV (opens in new tab). It's now hosting the interview in full and for free on its website.
Do you happen to be abroad? If you're struggling to get the royal scoop while outside of your home country, you can make the most of a top VPN (opens in new tab) to get access to your streaming service of choice. Making you appear as though you're browsing from home, watch all your much-loved content as if you were.
How to watch the Oprah Harry and Meghan interview using a VPN
- VPN - standing for virtual private network - offers security and anomality as you browse online, using set protocols to encrypt your data and make it unreadable to outsiders.
- As a part of that, you can also switch your IP address, which identifies your location.
- Most VPNs offer a list of locations where its servers are based to join. Connecting to them switches your IP to appear as if you're browsing from that country/city. In turn, you can then access content locked to that country.
- When it comes to finding a VPN, you should make sure you find the best one that's suitable for your chosen device, with VPN providers offering compatibility for a ton of devices, including VPN for Mac, VPN for Android smartphones, an iPad VPN, and even a range of fairly nifty free VPNs.
- Once you've made the decision for the most suitable VPN for your device and your means for using a VPN, sign-up and install it.
- To watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Oprah interview, all you need to do is select a country/city from its list of available servers and connect. You'll then be able to hop over those geo-restrictions with streaming services opening its online gates to you.
- We also want to ensure your money is well spent, too, so would recommend going for a VPN that offers a risk free trial. ExpressVPN is one of many providers that has a 30-day money back guarantee (opens in new tab).