Want to know how to watch Chelsea take on Leicester City online, live from anywhere in the world? Whether you're on holiday, lacking the required cable or satellite subscription or simply prefer watching football on your phone or laptop, we've got a method you can use. A variety of top broadcasters around the world are on hand to help you stream the big match and subsequent Premier League games, including a strangely affordable American option.
The English Premier League is back, and championship contenders Chelsea haven't got off to the greatest of starts… but they're doing better than Leicester who lie 18th at this moment in time. Seems like only 5 minutes ago they were surprisingly winning the Premiership.
Whichever side you support, here's our guide to watching – and live streaming online – today's biggest fixture between two mid-table teams who usually wear blue. If you're out of the country and can't access your preferred domestic broadcaster, you can always use a VPN to bypass any geo-restrictions.
What time is Chelsea vs Leicester City?
This year’s first Premier League match at Stamford Bridge is today, Saturday August 27. Chelsea and guests Leicester City kick off at 3pm BST, 10am ET, 7am PT, midnight AEST or 1am NZST.
Where can I watch Chelsea vs Leicester City for free in the UK?
You can't! Sorry, that's just not how it works in the Premier League. But you can pay to watch Chelsea vs Leicester City on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League in HD and Sky Sports Ultra in 4K HDR. See below for Sky subscription deals – although it's probably a bit late for that. The good news is you can quickly sign up and watch the match live in HD on Now TV via most streaming devices and smart TVs. This does not require you to have a Sky sub and at the moment you can get a NOW monthly pass with the full-HD 'Boost' upgrade for just £25.99 which is pretty bloody reasonable.
BT Sport customers can also enjoy the game so long as they're subscribed to the BT Sport Big Bundle. Virgin Media viewers can use Bigger + Sports. As with the BT option, this simply adds Sky channels to your existing ones.
How to live stream Chelsea vs Leicester City from abroad
If you're out of the country on holiday, you can still get access to a live stream - simply use the best VPN around to get past those geo-restrictions. These handy streaming VPNs mean you can hop on a server within the US, UK or anywhere else . They will switch your IP address to make it appear as if you're browsing right from the comfort of your own home.
ExpressVPN is our VPN provider of choice. It's fast, secure, easy to use and has more features than you can shake a stick at, if you like to delve deep into settings menus.
New customers get a 30-day money back guarantee, allowing you to give it a shot and find out if it's actually the service for you. Right now you can also save a big 49% and receive an additional 3 months with your plan for free.
- New to VPN? Find out how to use a VPN to unblock geo-restrictions
How to stream Chelsea vs Leicester City in the USA
Coverage of this 'soccer game' in the USA is via Peacock, bizarrely. This subscription-based and ad-supported network is better known in the UK – if it's known at all – for its Netflix-esque movies and TV streaming offering. But in the USA, it has somehow snaffled the rights to Premier League football. As a result, you can stream the game for just $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year. Pretty reasonable!
How to watch Chelsea vs Leicester City in Australia
Are you an ex-pat or tourist in Australia, or one of the many fans of English football who we expect probably reside down under? Then you can watch all the action live and exclusively via Fubo.tv from as little as the equivalent of $16.67 per month, if you pay annually.
How to use a VPN to unblock any restrictions
If you're outside of your preferred broadcaster's boundaries, you can use a VPN to unblock any geo-restrictions and watch a the blues take on the other blues, you can live stream just as if you were right at home, although in a way that's a bit more fiddly and might need to involve your laptop.
Here's our step-by-step guide on how to do just it.
- VPN - standing for virtual private network - offers security and anonymity as you browse online, using set protocols to encrypt your data and make it unreadable to outsiders.
- As a part of that, you can also switch your IP address, which identifies your location.
- Most VPNs offer a list of locations where its servers are based to join. Connecting to them switches your IP to appear as if you're browsing from that country/city. In turn, you can then access content locked to that country.
- When it comes to finding a VPN, you should make sure you find the best one that's suitable for your chosen device, with VPN providers offering compatibility for a ton of devices, including VPN for Mac, and even a range of fairly nifty free VPNs.
- Once you've made the decision for the most suitable VPN for your device and your means for using a VPN, sign-up and install it.
- To live stream Wimbledon 2022, all you need to do is select a UK server from its list of available servers and connect. You'll then be able to hop over those geo-restrictions, with the likes of BBC iPlayer opening its online gates to you.
- We also want to ensure your money is well spent, so we would recommend going for a VPN that offers a risk free trial. ExpressVPN is one of many providers that has a 30-day money back guarantee.