If you're looking for a truly red hot deal in the Currys sale – itself quite vindaloo grade in terms of hotness – look no further than this AEG Steambake oven. Self-cleaning, a temperature probe AND massive temperature range for under £500? That isn't just a deal, it's a steal.
• Buy AEG SteamBake BPS552020M electric oven for £499 at Currys. Was £729 (opens in new tab)
Buy another large appliance (fridge, washing machine, etc) from Currys and you can also get a further £50 off by entering LKA50 at checkout. If the total value of the offer is over £750 you can get £75 off by using LKA75 instead. Offer ends June 23.
• Shop the rest of Currys' Biggest Ever Clearance Sale! (opens in new tab)
Amazon has a device sale on now too, so mosey on over there after browsing Currys virtual aisles. Check out our Father's Day Sale 2020 hub too – we've listed all the best deals in the USA for your pops.
AEG SteamBake BPS552020M electric oven £499 at Currys | Was £729 | Save £230 (opens in new tab)
I don't know if the 'SteamBake' branding puts people off as they think this oven is only of use to bakers, but I've used one for years and I can't and don't bake at all. It's an extremely high quality oven with a temp range from slow-cook-friendly 40ºC to an insanely hot £300, so it's great for more 'experimental' cooks. And it's self-cleaning – which, let me tell you, is important if you cook at 300ºC on a regular basis. Snap this up NOW, chefs.
Why you should buy AEG SteamBake BPS552020M (opens in new tab)
This excellent oven and grill is by no means overpriced at its usual RRP of £729. For just short of £500 it is a ridiculous bargain. The features you get are definitely worth more than that.
• A temperature probe to constantly check the internal temp of meat – and other things, if you are a very unconfident or lazy chef – for perfect roasts every time.
• Pyrolytic self cleaning. No, that doesn't mean you have to get drunk before cleaning it. Rather, the inside of the oven is treated with a coating that can be heated to 500ºC, cremating all grease and cooking debris into a fine dust.
• 300ºC max cooking temperature – one for the more macho cooks out there. It also reaches your desired temp quickly, and maintains it very accurately. So it's also great for slow cooking at lower temperatures.
• Steambake function puffs moisture over your baked goods so they are more moist, or something. To be honest I have never used this, but bakers online seem to like it a lot.
In short, this is definitely among the best ovens you can buy.