Amazon Prime Day is coming to a close so it's almost time to wave goodbye to all the best Prime Day deals. But, just a few hours before it ends, I spotted what might be one of the best bargains of all.
The Nothing Ear (1) true wireless earbuds have had a huge 40% price drop at Amazon which is a saving of a whopping £40 - that's by far the cheapest they have ever been.
Nothing Ear (1): was £99.99, now £59.99 at Amazon
There was a lot of hype about the Nothing Ear (1) when they were first released in 2021 and they've caused quite a stir ever since. A transparent pair of true wireless earbuds, they certainly stand out from the crowd and they perform pretty well too. In the T3 review, we went as far as to say 'you won't find a better pair of affordable noise-cancelling buds right now'.
Why you should buy the Nothing Ear (1)
After positioning themselves are AirPod rivals, but for a much smaller price, the Nothing Ear (1) had a lot to prove. But what's actually refreshing about them is that Nothing took a different direction to Apple when it came to the design, opting for transparent plastic across the case and stem.
Admittedly the shape is largely the same but I'd still say these are some of the best-looking earbuds about town. In the Nothing Ear (1) review, we said that 'what you can see is pretty cool, it does make you appreciate just how much goes into creating true wireless earbuds'.
Naturally, it's not all about looks and true wireless earbuds need to have some substance as well as style. Luckily, these don't disappoint. We decided that despite not being game-changing in anyway, the sound is a lot more premium than the price tag would suggest (more so now with this amazing deal) and they boast very effective noise cancelling technology as well.
You might now be thinking 'but what's the catch' - and well there isn't one really. There are a couple of small downsides like the fact that the case takes ages to charge and you won't get any manual EQ settings, but those seem more like niggles rather than significant dealbreakers.
Amazon Prime Day alternative sales – UK
- Argos.co.uk – cheap garden and DIY equipment, toys, tech and more
- AO.com – major deals on appliances, including fridges, ovens and coffee machines
- Currys.co.uk – epic deals! Up to 30% off hundreds of items
- Dell.co.uk – 'Black Friday in July' event; laptops from £249
- eBay.co.uk – save on new or refurbished gadgets and home appliances
- Very.co.uk – deals on electricals, fashion and home
- Lovehoney.co.uk – up to 50% off a wide range of sex toys
- Goldsmiths.co.uk – watches and jewellery half price
- John Lewis – great savings, including some big Le Creuset discounts
- Le Creuset – seasonal offers on high-end cookware
- Nike – up to 40% off trainers and sportswear
- ASOS – summer savings knock up to 80% off
- Schuh – up to 70% off shoes, sandals and trainers
- The White Company – quality bedding at reduced prices
- Simba – save big on mattresses and sleep bundles
Amazon Prime Day alternative sales – US
- Best Buy – massive savings in the Black Friday in July event
- Dell.com – biggest sale of the summer on now
- eBay.com – big discounts on new and refurbished tech and appliances
- Home Depot – save on DIY tools, BBQs and home appliances
- HP – up to 70% off, for 72 hours only
- Lowes – big summer savings on home appliances
- Lenovo – up to 60% off PCs and top tech during Black Friday in July
- Microsoft – Surface deals plus Microsoft Store Exclusives
- Newegg – 'fantastech' deals on a wide range of devices
- Nordstrom – big anniversary sale
- Target – 3 days of show-stopping savings with no membership fees
- Walmart – rollbacks and savings in every department