If you want to know how to watch England vs Italy in the Euro 2020 final, congratulations: you have come home… to T3's guide to streaming the Euros football final. Football did not ‘come home’ in the way England fans would have liked, but Italy were clearly better, and England have the ability to improve in time for next year‘s World Cup in – let me check my notes here – Qatar. What, really?
If you want to catch the end there are multiple viewing options available worldwide, so you really can watch this from anywhere. Whatever streaming or broadcast option you choose, the Euro 2020 final is not to missed. We've got all the info on how to live stream Italy vs England from anywhere – including FREE options. If you're out of the country and can't access your preferred domestic broadcaster, don't worry: you can use a VPN to bypass any geo-restrictions.
How can I watch Italy vs England for free in the UK? On live stream or broadcast…
The great news for viewers in the UK is that you can live stream Italy vs England in the Euro 2020 final for free live on either BBC One or ITV 1, with coverage beginning at 7pm BST on both channels, and kick-off at 8pm BST.
BBC One and ITV 1 are both free-to-air, though you should have a valid UK TV license. You can also watch coverage online via streaming platform BBC iPlayer or ITV Hub, which is available to watch on a range of devices.
When is the England game on?
The Italy vs England Euro 2020 final is being played at Wembley Stadium in London, and kicks off at 8pm BST / 9pm CET / 3pm ET / 12pm PT.
That makes it a 5am AEST start on Monday morning for those Down Under. In New Zealand, fans will have to stay up even later, with the game getting underway at 7am NZST.
Here's one thing we don't expect to see
We doubt Italy's captain Giorgio Chiellini will try to pull this move on Harry Kane, should the game go to pens at it did against Spain. He totally bullied Spain's captain Jordi Alba there…
How to live stream Italy vs England Euro 2020 final from anywhere in the world
If you're out of the country for the Italy vs England game in the Euro 2020 final, you can still get access to a live stream of every match by making use of our best VPN to get past those geo-restrictions.
With most domestic broadcasters locking streaming services to their country, you may hit a wall when it comes to accessing the likes of BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Sling TV, TSN, and Sky Sports NZ when overseas. However, by getting yourself a handy streaming VPN, you can hop on a server within the US or UK (or anywhere else for that matter depending on where your online content is geo-restricted to), and this will switch your IP address to make it appear as if you're browsing right from the comfort of your own home.
ExpressVPN is the champ of VPN providers with its excellent speed, plethora of security features, and, of course, its ability to unlock geo-restricted content, gets us the best seat in the house for Italy vs England Euro 2020 final.
Better still, it offers new customers a 30-day money back guarantee, allowing you to give it a shot and find out if it's actually the service for you, before you part with your hard-earned dollar. Better still, right now you can save 49% and receive an additional 3 months with your plan for free.
Pre-match: your big Euro 2020 final questions answered
- What time is England kick off? 8pm BST, 9pm EDT, 7pm UTC
- When did England last win the Euros? Needless to say, England have never won the Euros. It has been a total of 73 years of hurt in this tournament for England. The nearest they have come to winning was in 1996 when they hosted it. Current manager Gareth Southgate missed the penalty that saw them crash out
- When did England win the World Cup? 1966 – exactly 900 years to the day after the Battle of Hastings
- What channel is England on? ITV1, ITV1 HD, BBC 1, BBC 1 HD as well as iPlayer (in 4K) and ITV Player – and also some other channels, depending on where you are. Read on for more info on that…
- England vs Italy how to watch? On TV or via streaming – read on for all the info you need on that!
- Why do England sing Sweet Caroline? It's an upbeat number. Unlike most songs England are known for singing, it is also not nationalistic, and does not reference World War 2.
England vs Italy: what we expect to see – and what you should be watching
So tonight, the old men of Italy's defence take on the gilded youth of England's attack. We expect England to cut Italy’s rear guard (average age: 45) to shreds at will. However, we also expect them to spurn umpteen really quite easy chances, then panic, and ultimately succumb to Italy’s clinical counterattacking game. Alternatively, England might lose on penalties. However, despite all that, with home advantage England must start as favourites. And indeed, according to the bookies, they do.
When it comes to live streaming the England game for free from anywhere, there is a considerably more uneven match-up. Just as in the footie, British viewers have two online broadcasters streaming the final who could run out as winners. Except in this case, the winner is, all too obvious. Yes, you can watch the England game on…
1. BBC, where the best available streams are in 4K – with HDR too! – and there’s no adverts, and the presenters aren’t imbeciles, on the whole.
2. ITV, where it's in HD at best, with ads, and you can listen to lead commentator Sam Matterface – who seems to be there on work experience – while Lee Dixon does his 'grumpy Mancunian' thing, and Ian Wright's attention wanders.
Scottish and Welsh viewers will be glad to know that the game is not on S4C or BBC Alba. Scottish viewers can instead enjoy Fuine, in which Gregor MacLeod shares home baking tips, while Welsh viewers have something called Hen Dy Newydd. That is Welsh for 'Old House New', so we think that is a home makeover show of some sort.
How to live stream Italy vs England anywhere else in the world
Regardless of where you're tuning in from, you'll be able to live stream Italy vs England and watch the Euro 2020 final, with a large number of countries having access to free coverage of the match.
Soccer fans in the US are well served with ESPN and ABC sharing the rights to air Euro 2020. This match will be shown on the former network and can stream all the action via the ESPN website. Kick-off is at 3pm ET / 12pm PT.
Don't have cable? Then check out over-the-top streaming service Sling TV. Bag a Sling TV Orange plan to get access to ESPN coverage and pay just $10 for your first month. Usually costing $35 a month for 30+ channels, that's a decent $25 saving and access to all Euro 2020 match live streams.
Alternatively, get FuboTV which carries a host of premium TV channels including ESPN and ABC, and offers a free 7-day trial. After the trial ends, the service will set you back $65 a month for 120 channels.
Canadian footy fans can watch all the action from Wembley via TSN and French-language channel TVA Sports. Both networks will let you watch online, too - either by registering with details of your pay TV provider, or by signing up for a standalone streaming package.
TSN Direct streaming service is priced at $7.99 a day or $19.99 a month and can be purchased by anyone - regardless of whether you have the channel as part of a pay TV package in the country or not, while TVA Sports Direct is also perfect for cord-cutting Canadians, costing just $19.99 a month. Kick-off is at 3pm ET / 12m PT.
Fans based in Australia can watch this crucial Euro 2020 match live via Optus Sport. You can stream Optus's coverage via mobile and tablet with the network's app, while cord-cutters can also access the service on Fetch TV, Chromecast or Apple TV. The game is set to get underway at 5am AEST.
For those in New Zealand, watch Italy vs England in this Euro 2020 fixture through Sky Sport. If you're not a pre-existing customer, you can pay $19.99 for a weekly pass of Sky Sport Now, with the gaming kicking off at 7am NZST.
How to use a VPN to unblock any restrictions
If you're outside of your preferred broadcaster's boundaries, you can use a VPN to unblock any geo-restrictions and watch an Italy vs England live stream as if you were right at home. Here's our step-by-step guide on how to do just that.
- VPN - standing for virtual private network - offers security and anonymity as you browse online, using set protocols to encrypt your data and make it unreadable to outsiders.
- As a part of that, you can also switch your IP address, which identifies your location.
- Most VPNs offer a list of locations where its servers are based to join. Connecting to them switches your IP to appear as if you're browsing from that country/city. In turn, you can then access content locked to that country.
- When it comes to finding a VPN, you should make sure you find the best one that's suitable for your chosen device, with VPN providers offering compatibility for a ton of devices, including VPN for Mac, VPN for Android smartphones, an iPad VPN, and even a range of fairly nifty free VPNs.
- Once you've made the decision for the most suitable VPN for your device and your means for using a VPN, sign-up and install it.
- To live stream Italy vs England and watch the Euro 2020 final, all you need to do is select a country showing matches from its list of available servers and connect. You'll then be able to hop over geo-restrictions, with the likes of BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Sling TV, and Sky Sport opening their online gates to you.
- We also want to ensure your money is well spent, so we would recommend going for a VPN that offers a risk free trial. ExpressVPN is one of many providers that has a 30-day money back guarantee.