Soundbars are among the most popular home upgrades right now, so it's no surprise to see some great buys among the best Prime Day deals. Half the draw of soundbars is that they're cheaper than a speaker system (as well as being much less hassle, and taking up much less space) – and now they're even cheaper again!
Our list of the best soundbars tends to be dominated by big, bold and cinematic Dolby Atmos soundbars, which can push back towards being more premium purchases. But for most people, those are too big, and maybe a lot louder and more powerful than you really need. A lot of the best-selling models on stores like Amazon are the smaller and cheaper models, so that's what we've focused on in this round-up of soundbars deals that are part of Prime Day.
The problem with cheaper models can be that they come from unknown brands, and you're taking a gamble with whether they're any good. Not here – these deals are all from companies with excellent track records, and are perfect for giving your TV some extra clarity for speech, and depth for movie soundtracks.
- Browse all Amazon Prime Day deals at Amazon UK (opens in new tab)
- Browse all Amazon Prime Day deals at Amazon US (opens in new tab)
- Get a FREE Amazon Prime trial at Amazon UK (opens in new tab)
- Get a FREE Amazon Prime trial at Amazon US (opens in new tab)
Panasonic SC-HTB200 soundbar | RRP: £99 | Now: £59 | Save: £40 (40%) at Amazon UK (opens in new tab)
If you've got a smaller TV, this could be the ideal soundbar for you. It's just 45cm wide, and at 5.1cm tall will fit in front of most TVs without obscuring the screen. Two full range drivers provide 80W of stereo sound, while the HDMI ARC connection means you can connect it to compatible TVs with that cable and just use your TV remote to control – no setup required. It also has Bluetooth built in for music streaming. It even has different sound modes, so you can get it just right depending on what you're viewing. The only downside from such a compact unit is that it can't deliver truly rich bass for movie soundtracks. If that bothers you, then just read the next deal…
Panasonic SC-HTB258 soundbar with wireless subwoofer | RRP: £149 | Now: £104 | Save: £45 (30%) at Amazon UK (opens in new tab)
What if you could have the soundbar above, but with a wireless subwoofer to add extra thump to movies? Well then you'd have this deal right here. The subwoofer adds an additional 40W of low-end power, and is made in a slimline design, so it's easy to hide next to your TV unit, or under a shelf (or even your sofa). The soundbar and subwoofer will connect right out of the box, so it's not any more complicated than setting up the soundbar alone, really.
Polk Audio React soundbar with Alexa | RRP: £249 | Now: £179 | Save: £70 (28%) at Amazon UK (opens in new tab)
It's a soundbar! It's a smart speaker! It's both, thanks to a full-on version of Alexa being built in. You can do anything with this soundbar that you can with an Echo, but it's also a really impressive TV speaker. Our full Polk Audio React review (opens in new tab) says: "it comfortably outperforms its price tag, and is a great option if you're looking at this budget level" – and that was referring to its original price! You can even add a very well-priced subwoofer and wireless rear speakers later, to upgrade the whole experience.
Hisense HS214 soundbar | RRP: £129 | Now: £85.99 | Save: £43.01 (33%) at Amazon UK (opens in new tab)
At 65cm wide, this still fits with fairly small TVs, but has a bit more opportunity to provide real width to its stereo audio. You've got HDMI ARC, optical and a regular 3.5mm connection for getting sound in, as well as Bluetooth. It has a nice and simple three sound modes: Movie mode for a full movie soundstage; News mode for emphasising dialogue more; and Music mode for getting the most from tunes.
Samsung S41T soundbar | RRP: £199 | Now: £149 | Save: £50 (25%) at Amazon UK (opens in new tab)
Packing 100W of power into a stereo system, this is a smart-looking soundbar that packs a real punch. Its four-speaker array is capable of impressive dynamic range, which is again customisable with different sound modes. The one thing to note, though, is that this doesn't include HDMI connectivity at all. If your TV doesn't support HDMI ARC, that's no problem! But we would generally suggest you use HDMI ARC if you can, so for most people, we'd recommend the Polk Audio. But if you like the design of this and are happy with optical, it's a good deal.
Amazon Prime Day alternative sales – UK
- Argos.co.uk (opens in new tab)– cheap Lego, toys, phones and more
- AO.com (opens in new tab) (opens in new tab)– huge sale on electrical appliances
- Currys.co.uk (opens in new tab) (opens in new tab)– Epic deals! Up to 40% off 100s of items
- Dell.co.uk (opens in new tab) (opens in new tab)– big savings on laptops and desktop PCs
- eBay.co.uk (opens in new tab) (opens in new tab)– up to 70% off in the eBay Outlet
- Very.co.uk (opens in new tab) – deals on electricals, fashion and home
- Lovehoney.co.uk (opens in new tab) – discounted sex toys and lingerie
- Goldsmiths.co.uk (opens in new tab) – savings on watches and jewellery
- John Lewis (opens in new tab) – great savings plus the John Lewis guarantee
- Le Creuset (opens in new tab) – premium cookware gets tasty discounts
- Nike (opens in new tab) – new sneakers at sneaky low prices
- ASOS (opens in new tab) – big savings on clothes
- Schuh (opens in new tab) – save big on shoes, boots and trainers
- The White Company (opens in new tab) – quality bedding at reduced prices
- Simba (opens in new tab) – save big on mattresses and sleep bundles
Subscribe to T3 magazine and get an extra 10% off (opens in new tab)
For Amazon Prime Day, we're offering you a cracking extra deal: if you subscribe to T3 magazine today, you can nab yourself an extra 10% off. Get each issue of T3 delivered to your door for just £2.84 when you use the code SUN10 at checkout. Offer runs until 9:59am (GMT) 2nd August 2021.