With hairdressers and barbers among the list of “non-essential businesses” the government has ordered to close as a result of the nationwide lockdown, many of us are turning to home hair dye for the first time.
Of course, a dodgy hair-do isn't on the top of everyone's concerns right now, but feeling put-together can do wonders for one's mood. That's why we've put together a list of the best places to buy hair dye in the UK and US.
- Where to buy hand sanitizer
- Where to buy toilet paper
- Beer and wine delivery services
- Food delivery services UK
Dyeing your own hair at home is not without its risks, but the process has become much easier over the past few years. Today's products are more gentle on your hair and look more natural.
There are also a huge number of tutorials you can follow on Youtube (opens in new tab), to give you advice and step-by-step instructions.
If you’re still nervous about DIY permanent colouring, there’s a whole host of temporary solutions to consider, which lasts around six washes before fading away.
Check out the best places to buy hair dye below.
Where to buy hair dye in the UK
- Superdrug (opens in new tab): Big selection of brands with slight delays to delivery
- Feel Unique (opens in new tab): Good selection fo big and smaller brands
- Amazon UK (opens in new tab): Big selection for men and women, fast delivery if you have Prime
- Boots (opens in new tab): Everything from permanent to temporary hair dyes
- Sally Beauty (opens in new tab): Great selection of smaller brands
- Cult Beauty (opens in new tab): A very colourful range from Bleach London and Unicorn Hair
- Holland & Barrett (opens in new tab): Natural hair dyes with buy one, get one half price offer
- Fragrance Direct (opens in new tab): Wide selection of smaller brands at a good price
Where to buy hair dye in the US
- Sally Beauty (opens in new tab): Good selection for men and women
- Walmart (opens in new tab): A massive selection from a number of brands
- CVS (opens in new tab): From everyone's favourite pharmacy
- Amazon US (opens in new tab): Big selection and fast delivery (if you have Amazon Prime)
- Target (opens in new tab): Everything from temporary colour to hair bleach
- Walgreens (opens in new tab): Buy two and get a third free, currently experiencing delivery delays