Black Friday 2017 is nearly here and we've got the best pre-Black Friday deals. We'll also bring you the very best across the 'Black Weekend'!
We always have a incredible response to this Black Friday UK and Cyber Monday UK deals page with lots of you looking to snap up the best tech bargains across the Black Weekend. You'll be able to satisfy the needs of all those Christmas gift lists!
During Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2016, more than £2bn was spent on Visa cards, with online Visa spending up 13% year-on-year with almost £1bn spent on Black Friday alone.
Check out all the retailer links, phone deals, retailer links and our pick of the best deals below!
Best UK Black Friday deals:
- Amazon UK Black Friday
- John Lewis Black Friday
- GAME Black Friday
- Currys Black Friday
- Argos Black Friday
- Tesco direct Black Friday
- eBay Black Friday
Best US Black Friday deals:
Check our own pages for each key retailer:
- Best Amazon UK deals
- Best John Lewis deals
- Best Tesco Direct deals
- Best Currys deals
- Best Argos deals
- All the deals from AO including £500 off De'Longhi Eletta
- Wiggle's Black Friday deals
Some early Black Friday 2017 deals
- New Amazon device deals include the new Echo Plus—just £109.99 (current price £139.99) and then Kindle Paperwhite — just £79.99 (current price £109.99).
- This is the best Samsung Galaxy S8 deal you can get in the UK!
- DJI Spark Quadcopter Drone discounted down to a rather lovely £349 at Maplin
- Masterchef-grade oven with £160 off
- This cheap cast iron griddle pan from Waitrose is a ridiculous bargain
- Bebop 2 and Mambo FPV drones reduced
- Save £150 on this Dyson V7 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- PlayStation VR Starter Pack with Skyrim and NOW TV Entertainment Pass reduced to £249.99 at GAME
- Or get it with Skyrim and Gran Turismo also for £249
- Amazon's Black Friday Echo deals are here: Amazon Echo is less than £70, Echo Dot less than £35
- Google Home and Google Home Mini have prices slashed
- PS4 Pro FIFA 18 bundle with Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy only £299!
- Get 3 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for 99p
- Cheap 5GB SIM-only deal: Get 5GB for (effectively) £6.50 per month with cashback on Vodafone
Our best phone deals pages:
What are Black Friday 2017 and Cyber Monday?
Black Friday 2017 falls on Friday 24 November, with Cyber Monday on 27 November 2017.
Without the US Thanksgiving holiday there would be no Black Friday and certainly no Cyber Monday. Black Friday is now a big thing in the UK (especially online) but it was originally the annual US shopping extravaganza the day after Thanksgiving. Cyber Monday came about as it was traditionally the biggest day for online sales (as it's after everybody gets paid). It's a bit like Boxing Day sales in the UK.
Now the whole thing has smashed together to make a whole weekend of bargains, while some retailers like Amazon publish early deals, too (we'll have them all here).
With retailers slashing their prices only just before Christmas its no surprise that masses of people head down to the shops to grab a bargain. We advise that you stay at home and grab exactly the same deals online instead without the stresses of battling with hoards of people.
On the morning of Black Friday 2016, Currys PC World reported its highest ever number of orders, up 40% on 2015, with over half a million visitors to the website pre-6am alone.
At 5am, the UK’s leading electrical retailer saw its highest ever Black Friday mobile share of online traffic at 65%, up 13% against 2015’s peak.
In the busiest hour yesterday – 9pm until 10pm – Currys PC World was selling 23 large screen TVs per minute and received 102 online orders a minute.
Leeds (Crownpoint) was the store with the highest number of transactions.
Ecommerce consultancy Salmon forecasts that 2016 will extend beyond just Black Friday with the first ever, £5 billion Black Fiveday week (see what it did there?). It also reckons that this year will see more mobile transactions than ever before.
Carphone Warehouse always expects a massive spike in sales: “Black Friday 2015 was the biggest ever trading day in Carphone Warehouse history. Black Friday continues to make its mark in the industry calendar, awareness of the event is at an all-time high and it's growing every year. Last year handset sales were up nearly 30% through Carphone Warehouse. Online traffic was up over 290% and orders coming through on Black Friday were up by over 380% when compared with an average Friday in November.
Contactless is a growing trend for making payments, too. Uptake across Europe has grown from 36% in 2015 to 52% in 2016, according to Visa’s 2016 Digital Payments Study. This trend is not solely reserved for younger, more tech-savvy consumers.
Contactless uptake has increased across all age demographics, the greatest increase within the 55-64 age bracket, which has witnessed 64% growth since 2015.
In 2016, 44% of the people Visa surveyed across Europe reported using mobile payment apps, up from 38% last year. Nearly half (46%) agree that having the option of paying using their mobile or wearable device has made it easier to buy the items they need.