Truth to be told, there are many meal replacement options in the market by 2020. You have the big players like Huel or Soylent, but that doesn't mean the story starts and ends with those two. A good example of the variety other meal replacement manufacturers can offer is Feed, a French start-up providing a range of interesting options for anyone interested in sustainable nutrition, including in vegan diet form.
They have the usual suspects on their roster, including cold-pressed vegan bars, ready-to-drink bottles and – of course – meal replacement powders too. What peaked our interest here at T3 was the Sport line that caters for the fitness enthusiasts; one serving of the Sport powder contains almost 700 calories, 15 grams of fibre, just under 60 grams of carbs and a whopping 50 grams of protein. A proper weight gainer (opens in new tab) mix that's also GMO, gluten and lactose free as well as being vegan.
- Buy Feed. meal replacement products at Amazon UK (opens in new tab)
- Learn more about Soylent, Huel, and Nüut (opens in new tab)
- Best protein powder (opens in new tab): build muscle, lose weight and aid recovery with the best whey and vegan protein powders
Feed has to battle with many big and small players in the meal replacement market, including the aforementioned Soylent and Huel, but also up and coming names like Jimmy Joy (opens in new tab) and Mana, among others.
Saying that, Feed does a good job trying to distinguish themselves from the competition by offering more niche mixes for people trying to achieve specific goals. Apart from Sport, they also have an Organic and a Light range, catering for many who wish to consume pesticide-free products and people on a slimming plan, respectively.
Why should you try Feed meal replacement products?
Feed offers a range of nutritionally complete meals in a variety of formats, including snack bars, ready-to-drink bottles and there is also the now-classic powdered variety. Feed meals not only provide 100% of your nutritional requirements for one meal, they are vegan as well as gluten, lactose, GMO and palm oil-free. Wins all around.
Feed’s Sport range offers wholesome and balanced meals specifically designed for those who take part in regular physical exercise. Choose from three distinct flavours: Chocolate & Hazelnut, Banana and, for more adventuresome, Green Vegetables.
• Shop the Feed Sport range at Amazon (opens in new tab)
The taste and texture will be familiar for people who tried similar products before, slightly gritty and thick, not all that unpleasant at the end of the day. On a Huel-Soylent scale, it sits closer to the Huel end, for comparison.
Rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals, each serving of the Feed Sport mix provides you with 50 grams of muscle-building protein and a good amount of carbs, too. Not to mention, all sugar found in the product is naturally present in the ingredients and will not lead to any insulin peaks. Want to gain lean muscle mass? Might as well give the Feed Sport range a try.
Stock up on supplements
- Best cheap protein powder deals (opens in new tab): bulk up with whey and vegan powders without slimming down your wallet
- Best cheap creatine deals (opens in new tab): boost your performance and focus with cheap creatine monohydrate
- Best cheap pre workout deals (opens in new tab): Push more and focus better with the best (and cheapest) pre workout supplement deals