It's almost January, which also happens to be prime time for people to realise they have been just a little too gluttonous last year, especially in December. If your torso is starting to look like a muffin top, you can trim it down with this fast-paced boxing workout that's as effective as it is demanding.
Get ready to use tape as a guide to practice setting up your strikes with shuffles, lateral movement, and pivots. It's time to get fit for 2022! This speedy workout is designed to make you sweat buckets and take your boxing footwork skills to the next level in only six rounds.
Today's coach is Raquel "Rocky" Harris, FightCamp coach and dynamic multi-sport athlete. Inside the ring, she has won titles in Karate, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai. Rocky is a tough cookie, so to say!
In addition to her awards, she has also travelled with Team USA and secured a Gold Medal in her first World Championship tournament. When not winning titles, Rocky enjoys a simple night of binge-watching TV shows; her favourites include Game of Thrones, Power, Euphoria, and Insecure.
If you like the below workout, make sure you check out these other workouts from the FightCamp Blog, too: 5 Boxing Workouts to Stream for Free and Love-Handle Losing Boxing Workout.
Fancy checking out more T3 x FightCamp workouts like this one? We have a whole bunch of them! Here is a quick link to see them all: click me. Or you can just scroll down to the bottom of this article.
- 10 best no-jump exercises for a flat-friendly full body workout
More FREE FightCamp Workouts!
With the goal of sharing boxing and kickboxing’s benefits to the masses, FightCamp is offering over 100 free workouts (and growing) to encourage healthy habits in the new year.
As so many of us plan our fitness and wellness goals for our New Year’s Resolutions, there’s no better time to try something new than now! Not to mention, something new for completely free. No strings attached, just good ol' workouts to help you get fit for 2022.
You can access this extensive library by simply downloading the FightCamp iOS app, creating an account and selecting a workout with the "Tracker Optional" icon.
How to perform Coach Rocky's fast-paced boxing HIIT workout
- Warm Up
- 30 Seconds: Boxers Jacks
- 30 Seconds: Boxers Bounce
- Practice Round: 45 Seconds
- Resting Stance to Fighting Guard
- Round 1: 3 Minutes
- 1 Minute: Lateral shuffle
- 1 Minute: Lateral shuffle - fighting guard
- 1 Minute: Lateral shuffle - fighting guard - two punches
- Round 2: 3 Minutes
- 1 Minute: Forward shuffle - Rear Shuffle
- 1 Minute: Forward shuffle - Jab, Cross - Rear Shuffle - Jab, Cross
- 1 Minute: Lateral shuffle - Forward shuffle
- Round 3: 3 Minutes
- 1 Minute: Pivot - Reset
- 1 Minute: Pivot - Reset - Jab, Cross, Jab, Cross
- 1 Minute: Pivot - Reset - Jab, Cross, Jab, Cross, Step Pivot (Lead)
- Round 4: 3 Minutes
- 1 Minute: Step Pivot (Lead)
- 1 Minute: Step Pivot (Lead) - Jab, Cross, Hook
- 1 Minute: Forward Shuffle - Step Pivot (Lead) - Jab, Cross, Hook - Rear Shuffle
- Round 5: 3 Minutes
- 1 Minute: Step Pivot (Rear)
- 1 Minute: Step Pivot (Rear) - Jab, Cross
- 1 Minute: Forward Shuffle - Step Pivot (Rear) - Jab, Cross - Rear Shuffle
- Round 6: 3 Minutes (Semi-Freestyle)
- 1 Minute: 1 Punch, 1 Movement
- 1 Minute: 1 Punch, 1 Movement, 2 Punches, 1 Movement
- 1 Minute: 1 Punch, 1 Movement, 2 Punches, 1 Movements, 3 Punches, 2 Movements
- *Movements ~ Steps, Pivots, or Shuffles.
Are you ready? Click play on the video below, and let's get going!
Watch: Coach Rocky's fast-paced boxing HIIT workout
Coach Rocky's fast-paced boxing HIIT workout: exercises explained
For each exercise, you will be using a 7x7 cross-shaped tape. You can mark the cross in any way you like, we recommend using masking/painter's tape on hard floor.
- Boxers Bounce
- Stand with your feet staggered in the fighting guard position. Next, hop forward and back on your toes simultaneously while keeping your ankles apart.
- Resting Stance
- Stand feet shoulder-width apart on either side of the tape. Toes should be vertical to each other.
- Forward Shuffles
- Begin in the fighting guard position. When ready, utilize the balls of your feet to push off your back leg then move forward along one vertical end of the tape with your front leg until you reach the opposite end.
- Rear Shuffles
- Begin in the fighting guard position. When ready, push off your front leg then move backwards along one vertical end of the tape with your rear leg until you reach the opposite end.
- Lateral Shuffles
- Begin outside of the cross-shaped tape in a resting position with the ankles apart. Push off the leg that is opposite to the direction you are travelling then move laterally with the same side leg. Note: when performing lateral shuffles for traditional boxing, we are moving in a circle.
- Position yourself in the centre of the tape where the vertical and horizontal lines meet. Now, stand in the fighting stance with each leg on either side of the vertical tape. Next, shift your back foot 45 degrees away from your rear side until you are facing perpendicular to the lead side of your body.
- Step Pivot (Lead)
- Position yourself in the centre of the tape. Use your lead foot to step forward in the lead adjacent box. Then shift your back foot 45 degrees away from your rear side until you are facing perpendicular to the lead side of your body.
- Step Pivot (Rear)
- Position yourself in the centre of the tape where the vertical and horizontal lines meet. Now, stand in the fighting stance with each leg on either side of the vertical tape. To execute the pivot, use your rear foot to forward in the rear box. Then shift your front foot 45 degrees towards your rear side.
T3 x FightCamp workouts
We have a massive library of FightCamp workouts on T3, all with follow-along videos that you should most certainly check out. Please find the full list below:
- 10-minute medicine ball workout by the talented PJ Sheridan
- 10-minute jump rope workout by the awesome Tommy Duquette
- 12-minute boxing full-body workout, also by Tommy
- 200-rep kettlebell full-body workout by Shanie SMASH Rusth
- Full-body conditioning workout, also by
- 10-minute kickboxer’s warm-up drill by the ever so flexible Aaron ‘Speedy' Swenson
- 8-minute core workout (bodyweight exercises only) by the skilful Flo Master
- 20-minute kickboxer strength and flexibility full-body workout, also by Flo Master
- 10-minute core workout to accentuate your six-pack and increase mobility by the brilliant Coach PJ
This feature is part of T3's Get Fit 2022 campaign. We’ll be bringing you a wealth of guides, features, deals and news to help you get healthy, fit and ready for anything the new year can throw at you. Whether you’re a newcomer to fitness or someone with a passion for it, we’ll bring you all the best workouts, diet advice and gear to set you on the right track.