iPhone 4 reception statement doesn't solve the issue

T3 readers cast their critical eyes over the feeble Apple statement

Apple’s newest smartphone handset, the iPhone 4, has polarised opinions even more than usual, as initial rumblings of reception issues eventually burst through into an official statement as consumers grew tired of vanishing signal.

 
In true Apple evasiveness, this detailed that yes, there is a problem with the iPhone 4, but not the one you might have expected. Apparently, the issue was that signal bars were not being displayed properly and not in fact diminishing signal. With many still left in the dark, and without signal, following the Apple statement, voting on the T3 poll: 'Is Apple right about the iPhone 4 signal?' has uncovered widespread disappointment in the Cupertino company.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Related Links:
- iPhone 4 signal: Apple blames software fault for drop off
- Duncan Bell talks: Apple iPhone 4 signal excuse is 'cringe making'
- Video: iPhone 4 huge signal loss problems revealed
- iPhone 4 signal issues fixed by £25 Bumper accessory
- Apple iPhone 4 review
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having cast a critical eye over Apple's feeble attempt at a statement, a whopping 70 per cent of you think that Apple’s excuses for the iPhone 4 reception issues ‘don’t really solve the issue’ nor talk specifically on the actual cause of the fault. The remaining 30 per cent of you are split between ‘my iPhone 4 is fine, stop moaning’ (24 per cent), and a mere six per cent that think that Apple’s excuse seems ‘reasonable enough’.

The reception issues which become a global scandal just hours after the official launch of the iPhone 4 sees signal on the Apple handset drop to nothing when the phone is held in a standard manner that covers the lower left hand portion of the antenna-hosting outer case.

Whilst Apple is a company that is prone to splitting opinion and has as many haters as it does avid, die-hard fans, the results of the T3 poll clearly show the scale of the issue facing the fruity tech company. Infamous for creating desirable and aesthetically pleasing pieces of kit, the signal problems plaguing its latest smartphone is a blemish that Apple would like to quickly conceal. Based on the recent poll results, however, perhaps Apple could have done with a more direct, honest approach.

Didn't vote in the T3 Apple signal loss poll? Fear not, its not too late to give us your opinion on the matter, just get in touch via out Twitter and Facebook feeds.

Comments

Be the first to comment…

Back to top
Close
T3 Newsletter
Sign up to recieve the T3 newsletters by entering your details below

Your Details

As you're registering with us. we'd like to think that you'd enjoy receiving the following emails; if you'd rather not receive them, please untick the boxes:

I would like to receive other emails from T3, Future Publishing Limited and it's group companies containing news, special offers and product information
I agree to the terms of use and privacy policy and confirm that I am over 16 years of age *
Close
Log in or Join

By clicking below you agree to our terms and conditions and our privacy policy

Log in to T3.com with your preferred social network

Log in with your T3.com account

CloseJoinPlease complete these additional details

Join T3.com with your preferred social network

OR

Join T3.com

Please tick this box to confirm you are 16 years old or over

Just so we know you're human

Newsletters

I would like to receive T3 email newsletters, packed full of the latest tech news, competitions and exclusive offers.

I would like to receive other emails from T3, Future Publishing Limited and its group companies containing news, special offers and product information.

I would like to receive offers from carefully selected third Parties. We will not share your data with the third party.

Close Edit your profile

Change your password

Newsletters

I would like to receive T3 email newsletters, packed full of the latest tech news, competitions and exclusive offers.

I would like to receive other emails from T3, Future Publishing Limited and its group companies containing news, special offers and product information.

I would like to receive offers from carefully selected third Parties. We will not share your data with the third party.

Social networks

You have authorised these social networks to interact with your T3.com account.

Please ensure you deactivate or revoke access to this website from within your social networks settings to ensure all permissions are removed.

Close Forgotten your password

Forgotten your password?

Please enter the email address that you used to sign up and we'll send you a new password

Close
Forgotten password
Don't have a T3 Account? Join now