Black Friday in Australia is now over. The annual shopping event is one of the best opportunities to snap up some serious bargains in the lead up to Christmas, with deals available across virtually any product category you can think of.
This year, Black Friday deals in Australia officially began on Friday November 24 and 'officially' finish with Cyber Monday on Monday November 27. However, in previous years we've seen retailers drop deals early and continue to offer discounts for a few days after.
We have listed all the retailers we know are offering some cracking deals and discounts. Many are still current, so it's worth checking and you could well grab a post-sale bargain.
Where to find the best Black Friday 2023 deals
Black Friday deals will be available from most online retailers. Sales often continue into the week following Black Friday, so it's worth checking our links below for great deals.
For Cyber Monday today, visit the tech stores and tech companies to see what's on offer using our links below.
We've compiled a list below of all the retailers that took part in Black Friday 2022, and they will once again be offering rock bottom prices this year, too.
Fashion & Beauty
- Amazon: clothes, shoes, accessories and more
- ASOS: clothing, footwear, accessories and beauty products
- Culture Kings: Australia's leading destination for streetwear
- Kogan: clothes, shoes and more for men, women and children
- MAC Cosmetics: beauty essentials, including gift packs
- Myer: fragrances, make-up and more
- Natonic: discounts on skincare products and fragrances
- Oakley: sunglasses for everyone
- Platypus Shoes: the latest sneaker drops for men and women
- Ray-Ban: classics that never get old
- Sephora: cosmetics, skincare, fragrances
- Shiels: discounts on jewellery
- Sketchers: comfy shoes for him, her and the l'il 'uns
- Sunglass Hut: sunglasses from several brands
- The Iconic: clothing, footwear and much more
- Vans: shoes and clothing
Home & kitchen
- Adairs: bedding, bath and furniture
- Amazon: furniture, home decor, small appliances and more
- Breville: small appliances for the home and kitchen
- Big W: discounts on a homewares and small appliances
- eBay Australia: a variety of homewares, furniture and more
- Ecosa: mattresses-in-a-box and bedding
- Ecovacs: robot vacuum specialists
- Emma Sleep: award-winning mattresses and pillows
- Eva Home: mattresses, sofas, bed frames and more
- ErgoTune: one of the best office chairs in Australia
- KitchenAid: some of the best kitchen appliances in the business
- Koala: comfy mattresses, bedding and select furniture
- Kogan: bedding, manchester, cookwares and more
- Myer: homewares, furniture, kitchenware and more
- Nespresso: discounts on coffee machines and pods, even bundles
- SteelCase: ergonomic office chairs
- Target: bedding and other homewares for less
- Amazon: gaming consoles and software
- eBay Australia: from gaming laptops to the games themselves
- Fanatical: games for less
- Green Man Gaming: games and game keys
- Dell: gaming laptops from Dell and Alienware, plus peripherals
- HP: Omen gaming laptops with grunt
- Lenovo: early Black Friday deals now live on Legion gaming powerhouses
- Razer: some of the best gaming laptops and accessories in the business
- Secretlab: discounts on top gaming chairs
- Amazon: phones, audio gear, cameras, ereaders and much more
- Apple: potential for bonus gift card offers
- Bang & Olufsen: premium TVs, speakers and soundbars
- Bose: headphones, speakers, soundbars
- CameraPro: great prices on cameras and lenses
- Dell: Inspiron and XPS laptops, monitors and desktop PCs
- DigiDirect: cameras and photography gear for less
- Dyson: arguably the best in floor care, hair care and air care
- eBay Australia: phones, cameras, audio gear, TVs and more
- Google Store: Pixel phones, buds, Nest smart home devices
- HP: laptops for less
- JB Hi-Fi: a wide variety of electronics, from phones to TVs and accessories
- Kogan: headphones, speakers, smartphones and more
- Lenovo: early deals now live on Yoga and IdeaPad machines
- Microsoft: discounts on Surface devices and bundles
- Samsung: Android smartphones and tablets
- Sonos: wireless speakers, soundbars and smart speakers straight from the maker
- The Good Guys: phones, TVs, audio and more
- Wireless 1: offers on tablets, laptops, audio, phones and more
Fitness & outdoors
- Adidas: running shoes and apparel
- Adventure Kings: camping gear, paddle boards, gazebos and more
- Amazon: from camping gear to fitness wearables
- Asics: running shoes and activewear
- BCF: fishing, camping and all other outdoor needs
- Chain Reaction: for all your cycling needs
- EcoFlow: portable power backup for camping and emergencies
- Gymshark: British fitness apparel now available in Australia
- Kogan: camping and outdoor needs for less
- Lululemon: yoga and fitness apparel for men and women
- New Balance: running and walking shoes, plus clothing too
- Nike: discounts on select shoes and apparel
- Rebel Sport: fitness gear, apparel and tech
- Reebok: casual and training shoes for everyone
- The Athlete's Foot: huge range of running and training shoes
- The North Face: outdoor clothing, shoes and equipment
- Wiggle: cycling, running and swimming gear
Food and wine
- Amazon: alcohol, pantry staples, even toiletries
- Coravin: wine preservation systems to keep 'em fresh
- eBay Australia: cases of wine and spirits for less
- EveryPlate: affordable meal kits
- Kogan: discounts on wine cases
- Liquorland: discounts on beer, wine and spirits
Wellness and Personal Care
- Amazon: electric toothbrushes, shavers, trimmers and more
- Kogan: epilators, shavers, toothbrushes and more
- Lovehoney: adult toys and lingerie for less
- The Shaver Shop: huge discounts on personal care and beauty tech
- Appliance Central: whitegoods, TVs and other electronics
- Appliances Online: large appliances for the entire home
- Betta Home Living: large and small appliances
- eBay Australia: discounts on Dyson, Breville. Nespresso and more
- Ecovacs Robotics: some of the best robot vacuums in Australia
- Samsung: the Bespoke range of appliances are good looking and top performers
- The Good Guys: fridges, dishwashers, washing machines and other large appliances
Toys and hobbies
- Big W: sale on games, books and more
- Booktopia: wide range of ebooks and Kobo ereaders
- Donner Music: taking care of your musical needs
- eBay Australia: toys, musical instruments, collectibles and more
- Lego Australia: blocks for kids and the young at heart
- Sanity: games, movies, vinyl, books, collectibles and other merch
- Petbarn: more than just essential pet supplies
- Pet Circle: food, toys and more
- Pet House: pet apparel, treats, toys and more
When is Black Friday 2023?
Black Friday 2023 kicks off officially on Friday November 24. That puts Cyber Monday on November 27.
That said, Aussies are usually treated to a longer sale period than just four days. Retailers have been jumping the gun and starting early deals about a week ahead, but these can change, with the best offers showing up only on the four main days of the sale.
What time do Black Friday deals start?
Black Friday deals go live from midnight (12am) AEDT on Friday November 24th, 2023.
We’ve found that the best Black Friday deals generally land on the week of the sale itself, while the most popular products will likely only be discounted on November 24. In some cases, you might spot a discount being advertised at the start of November. If you spot a price that you like ahead of Black Friday, it’s worth going for it, particularly a tech item as stocks are always going to be questionable.
Discounts that are advertised earlier often receive far less competition, which means you can get your hands on them before the crowds swarm. We do recommend keeping your item in its box until the Black Friday deals have ended completely, in case a much better price arises later in the month. Your previous purchase can always be returned.
How does Black Friday work?
On Black Friday, you will find radical savings advertised in physical stores, while online retailers will offer discounts or promotional codes to their patrons and members. Certain retailers such as eBay require you to be a member in order to secure product deals before Black Friday rolls around, while having your payment details ready will ensure you don’t miss out on hot items.
As with any other shopping mission, it helps to be organised.
What will be the best Black Friday 2023 deals?
As proven over recent years, the two product categories to receive the best Black Friday deals have been tech and fashion. However, Black Friday discounts can apply to nearly any product you can imagine – from furniture to fashion, tech to travel – so if there's something in particular you've got your eye, we'd recommend waiting until Black Friday itself to see if it gets a discount.
Black Friday 2023 can be a great time to pick up a new mattress, for example, or some fresh gear for your home office setup. You'll also no doubt find some great savings on a range of grooming and beauty tools, and if your training gear could do with a refresh, you'll be able to snag some new t-shirts and shorts for less. And, don't forget your four-legged friends, as there will likely be a range of discounts on pet toys, beds, food and more.
From simple ereaders to fancy tablets, smartwatches and smartphones, headphones and so much more... there's really going to be a lot to keep savvy shoppers happy.
And consider the sale is late in November, it's going to be a great time to finish off your Christmas shopping too.
What were the best Black Friday deals from 2022?
While 2022 was a return to normal after the 2020/21 pandemic, there was lots of reports surrounding global supply chain issues for the Black Friday and Christmas sales, and this resulted in a lack of stock on discounted products.
However, the 2022 Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales still had incredible offers across a range of departments and stores. Some retailers, such as Amazon, kicked off their sales weeks earlier than the Black Friday date, giving shoppers more of a chance to bag some early deals.
The Black Friday sales were full of offers on TVs, electric toothbrushes, ovens, fashion, headsets, fridges, LEGO and much more. We anticipate something similar in 2023, so keep this page bookmarked so you can see all the deals on offer when they go live.
What is Black Friday?
After becoming a part of US shopping culture in the late 1980s, the first Black Friday happened in Australia in 2013. This nationwide buying frenzy has been intensifying and expanding in our country with each new year. In 2019, online purchases spiked with a 42% increase over Black Friday’s four-day weekend. In 2020, the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) revealed that retailers saw a 13.2% increase in overall turnover, despite the pandemic, with Aussies spending about AU$8 billion over the entire weekend.
This year, we’re expecting that sales records will be broken again, now that in-person shopping is now back in full swing, and online shopping is still the new norm. Retailers are now looking forward to massive turnovers, while shoppers eagerly anticipate which bargains they might be able to snag when the time comes - perhaps some of the deepest discounts of the year.
But how did it all start across the Pacific in the first place? Black Friday marks the Friday after Thanksgiving in the US, kicking off the start of the Christmas shopping period. It has now evolved into a global shopping extravaganza where staggering discounts and huge deals are offered by thousands of retailers.
While highly popular among those who prefer to shop from physical businesses, having historically led to literal stampedes through shop doors, Black Friday is a fixture in the world of online shopping too. Black Friday now competes with Boxing Day as Australia’s biggest annual shopping event.
How to find the best Black Friday 2023 deals
Getting the best deals on Black Friday 2023 depends on the amount of research you’ve done before the day. Write up a list of items you’d love to own, and determine what you want to get from the sale to hone your focus down.
When you know what you’re looking for, take the next step by finding a brand or model that suits you, but look at what features and specs you need and budget accordingly. You can also check previous sales to see if your shopping list aligns with previous prices to keep things realistic.
The next step is to consider which things you could do without if they’re sold out on Black Friday, and which things you’d really love to own and couldn’t stand to risk losing. When the heat is on, you’ll know what to look for.
Also be aware to widen your gaze and check that there aren’t better prices on your wish list items elsewhere before you buy. Bundles and free gifts are bonus perks to look out for from retailers who are competing for your purchases on Black Friday. Be sure to check other retailers' offers before buying, but rest assured, you can rely on us for details on the biggest value savings.
And, while you're unlikely to need to be quick on the draw to buy something before stock runs out, it can be a good idea to make sure your card information is saved on your device, so you can enter it all quickly and easily to make your purchase.
Amazon Black Friday 2023: get a free Prime account
Amazon is one website that consistently offers great savings around Black Friday on pretty much every category of item the online retail giant deals in. These discounts are typically the best of the year and equal the record-low prices on its own devices seen during Prime Day, if not better.
There will be a dedicated Black Friday deals page on Amazon Australia where all the offers will be collated as the sale progresses. If you think you're going to be shopping quite a lot on Amazon during the big November sale, it would help to be a Prime member. This will save you plenty of dosh on shipping, plus some members in Sydney and Melbourne will also be eligible for one-day free shipping. Prime members also get to shop discounts about 30 minutes ahead of everyone else, and there are plenty of offers that are exclusive to subscribers.
You can sign up for a Prime membership now as Amazon sweetens the deal by offering a 30-day free trial – which will cover the sale period – and you can cancel any time. This will let you take advantage of Amazon's Black Friday sale and save you money on the Prime subscription.
This year’s Prime Day from July 11-12 was Amazon’s biggest ever event so far, in terms of deals and engagement. Black Friday is shaping up to be just as big.