Amazon Prime Day 2017 will be held on Tuesday 11 July 2017, however, the event will run over two days, starting on the Monday 10 July at 6pm.
You will need an to take advantage of the deals, though. Prime is Amazon's premium service which offers unlimited one-day deliver on all your orders, plus access to the Amazon Prime Instant Video service for a fee of £79 per year.
Excitingly, however, if you head on over to Amazon and sign up to the service before 3 July, you get to score an awesome pre-Prime Day deal of Amazon Prime for just £59 for the year, a discount of £20 from its stock price of £79. Click on the link below to get started.
What were the best Amazon Prime Day deals last year?
- Microsoft Surface Pro - £210 off
- HDTVs and 4K TVs: up to £100 off
- Xbox One Guitar Hero Bundle - £105 off
- Gibson electric guitars - 20% off
Last year Amazon Prime Day was the biggest day in Amazon’s history - Amazon's traffic was up 36%.
18,048 pairs of headphones were sold in three hours in the US, while in the UK we bought 600 Trunki suitcases early in the day - who knew there was such an urgent demand for impractical toddler transport?
Amazon also sold 90,000 TVs and thousands of Kindle Paperwhites, Fire TV Sticks and FIre tablets.
What's new with Amazon Prime Day
- Deals are Everywhere – Prime members can shop deals on all devices, across all categories, in all Prime countries.
- 30 Hours to Shop - 24 hours just isn’t enough time to shop all of the great deals, so Prime Day will start at 6pm on Monday, 10th July giving Prime members 30 hours to shop.
- Explore Deals You’re Into – Find deals organised by the most shopped for themes. From pet lovers to gardeners and techies to artists – find your deals even faster.
- Toys All Day – Prime members in the UK will find toy deals nearly all day on Prime Day.
- Watch-A-Deal – Readily track and shop any deal while at home or on-the-go with the Amazon App.
- Sort by Category – Newly-enhanced deal shopping is designed to help customers swiftly sort deals by category.
- More Sellers – Twice as many small business sellers around the world are participating in Prime Day this year.
- More to Watch – Prime members will find unbelievable deals on some of today's top rated TV series and popular blockbuster films to rent or purchase and instantly stream on Amazon Video.
- Amazon Global Store – Prime members in China and Mexico will be able to shop both local deals as well as select deals from other countries from the Amazon Global Store.
- Tips – Find helpful advice on how to shop on Prime Day at amazon.co.uk/primeday.
- Join Amazon Prime
- Check out Amazon's Prime Day page to take advantage of the offers or view our selected best deals below.
Special Amazon deals for students
Is it worth having an Amazon Prime account?
As well as having free next day delivery, you also get access to numerous other services including the Amazon Prime Instant Video streaming service. You can also store unlimited numbers of photos and borrow ebooks. If you live in London or some other major cities you also get access to Amazon Prime Now - a one-hour delivery service on a bunch of esential items. You can also join Amazon Family, which means 20 per cent of nappies if you're into that.
According to Amazon, Prime Day will be the biggest Amazon event ever, with more than 100,000 deals worldwide exclusively for Prime members. Last year Amazon claimed that Prime Day would hve more deals than Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the November and December days when pre-Christmas sales peak. It turned out to be a bit of a red herring but Amazon was stung by the criticism and there will be some cracking offers this time around.
- Check out all the latest on Amazon Prime Day