With the PS5 launch rumoured for November, and an announcement set to take place today according to a major UK game retailer, fans are waiting with bated breath for Sony to make its next move, on the 25th anniversary of the PlayStation's North American release.
Evidence is mounting for a significant info drop today, with Amazon listings suggesting that PS5 pre-orders could open up, and we may have even been tipped off about the console's release date.
- PS5 wins shadow war: Xbox loses nerve as PS5 price and release date remain cloaked
- LG's PS5-ready cheap OLED TV is finally here!
- Nintendo Switch Pro set to scrap handheld mode in design overhaul
Some more #PS5 boxart has shown up on Amazon Australia (in some cases not finalized)https://t.co/QMHcaxxrvl pic.twitter.com/vFsS8Ttbr9September 9, 2020
- Apple Watch be gone: Fitbit Versa now has an extra, potentially life-saving feature
- Best smartphones: the very best phones, ranked
Of course, Microsoft may have thrown a spanner into the works with the announcement of the Xbox Series X price, launch, and pre-order dates, that it dropped today following the Xbox Series S leak yesterday.
If Sony had anything planned for today, which would line up nicely with the PlayStation's 25th anniversary, it may be reconsidering its options now that Microsoft has swooped in to steal the limelight.
- Black Friday 2020: don't miss the best deals