If you’re about to buy yourself a new phone then maybe hold for just a couple of days as on Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd of June 2021 we expect to see some serious Amazon Prime Day deals with big savings on some of the best Android smartphones SIM-free.
Which phones are we expecting to see discounts on? Well, we can draw together all of the evidence, from last year’s deals to rumours on the grapevine and new releases in the past year, to make our own predictions on what to expect when the big day hits. It’s more than likely that we will see some Samsung phone deals and even appearances from OnePlus in the lineup.
So if you’re on the hunt for a new handset, you can see below the savings we expect to see, as well as handy widgets with the discounts that are live across the web right now if you just can't wait. Don’t forget, you’ll need to be an Amazon Prime member to be able to make the most out of Amazon Prime Day.
Samsung Galaxy S20
Every year, it’s almost guaranteed that there will be Amazon Prime Day deals on Samsung Galaxy phones. While we may not see their most recent flagship there just yet, older versions like the Samsung Galaxy S20 are definitely worth looking out for.
It’s a 5G phone with an excellent camera system and a 120Hz refresh rate - it may no longer be one of the top dogs but it’s still an incredibly capable phone. In 2020, the Samsung Galaxy S20 was discounted by almost 20% so we expect they'll match, or even exceed that this year.
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
If you’re after something a little more modest, then there’s a good chance we’ll see the Samsung Galaxy A52 5G included. It’s one of the best Samsung phones you can buy and it’s much more affordable than the flagship series. When I gave it a go I was seriously impressed by its camera which could have fooled me for being a much pricier handset.
In 2020, its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy A51 was 15% cheaper on Prime Day so it could be that we see something similar with the Samsung Galaxy A52 5G, as well as potentially even bigger discounts on the older handset.
OnePlus 8 Pro
At launch, the OnePlus 8 Pro was one of our favourite Android phones, with a dazzling display and super-fast performance. Now that it's been pushed aside by a new kid on the block, the OnePlus 9 Pro was released back in March. That suggests that The OnePlus 8 Pro could make a repeat appearance on Amazon Prime Day 2021. Last year, the handset had discounts of around 20% so we expect that’ll be matched or even improved on this year.
Sony Xperia 1 II
In your search for a great deal on a new smartphone, the Sony Xperia 1 II could be your best bet. We expect to see their flagship device from 2020 around 30% cheaper on Amazon Prime Day this year, especially with the recent release of the next in line.
Its long, thin display is made for streaming shows on the go, and its camera system really is something to behold. The only criticism of the phone is its expensive price tag, which could well be made redundant anyway during the two-day deal bonanza.
Motorola Moto G8
If it’s affordability you care about, then it’ll be worth keeping an eye on Motorola’s Amazon Prime Day deals. We'd expect to see a few savings on their phones.
Already very reasonably priced devices, last year saw pretty significant discounts on the Motorola Moto G8, one of their more popular handsets. This year, it could be discounted again by as much as 20%. While it may not have 5G support, and you won’t get the luxury of streaming videos in Full HD, it does have a reliable battery and takes decent point-and-shoot photography. It could also be worth keeping an eye out for discounts on the next generation, the Motorola Moto G9 series.
The best Prime Day deals live now
- Amazon Echo Buds: Was £119.99 | Now just £49.99 | Save £70
- Amazon Devices: Up to 50% off Echo, Fire TV, Ring and more
- Bluetooth speakers: 33% off UE Wonderboom, save £30
- Electric toothbrushes: Up to 50% off Philips Sonicare
- Fitbit: Up to 24% off fitness trackers including Versa 3 and Charge 4
- Fitness: 34% off JX Fitness Power Tower Adjustable Dip Station Pull-up Bar, save: £61
- Gaming: 40% off SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC Wired Gaming Headset, save £100
- Headphones: 32% off Sony WH-1000XM3, save £104
- Home security: 41% off Arlo Go Mobile HD Smart Home Security Camera, save £140
- Le Creuset: Up to 28% off cast iron casserole dishes
- Kitchen & Home: Up to 38% off Philips steam irons, air fryers and blenders
- Male grooming: Up to 43% off Philips shavers and hair clippers
- Massage guns: 30% off the Hyperice Hypervolt percussion massage device, save £77 (deal goes live on 21 June)
- Running: Up to 23% off Garmin Forerunner running watches
- Outdoors: 31% off Campingaz Party Grill and Camping Cooker, save £40
- TVs: Shop TVs from £199
- Wake-up lights: Up to 50% off Philips wake-up lights
- Wi-Fi routers: 9% off Google Nest Wifi Router, save £14
- Browse all Amazon Prime Day deals