Apple is holding an event this week, where we expect to see the Apple Watch Series 6 and a new iPad Air debut, and while it's not impossible that the tech giant could delve into the iPhone 12 on the day, we think it's unlikely.
While we wait to find out, these iPhone 12 images will tide us over nicely.
- PS5 price leaks a day before the PlayStation 5 event – and it's good news! 😃
- PS5 pre-orders: Reserve your PlayStation 5
- PS5 set for last minute price drop – thanks to Xbox Series X 🤑
- iPhone 12 hands another win to Galaxy S21 – MISSING essential upgrade
The giant rises. #iPhone12Pro #iPhone12ProMax Render by @apple_idesigner, follow for more. pic.twitter.com/TGcnRqLk6KSeptember 12, 2020
Concept designer Micheal Ma (opens in new tab) mocked up renders of the iPhone 12's high end models, which boast larger screens than their more affordable counterparts. There are four models in total with a fifth, cheaper LTE-only device rumoured to on the way.
The iPhone 12 base model measures 5.4-inches, the iPhone 12 Max and iPhone 12 Pro come in at 6.1-inches, and the iPhone 12 Pro Max is a gargantuan 6.7-inches.
The renders look very slick and show off the design changes Apple is implementing with its newest flagship, ditching the rounded corners of the iPhone 11 for flat edges reminiscent of the handsets pre-dating the iPhone 6. We didn't see this with the iPhone SE, but all signs point to them making a comeback with the iPhone 12.
- Apple Watch 6, new iPad Air and more: how to watch the Apple 'Time Flies' Event
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE showcase set to steal iPhone 12's thunder next week
The notch still looks fairly sizeable, and while we've heard that it might be getting smaller, the reduction is so small as to escape notice.
It won't be too long before we lay our eyes on the real thing, but until then, we'll feast our eyes on these stylish renders.
- Black Friday deals UK: shop the best Black Friday 2020 sales