The most recent rumor has spilled the beans on pricing for all four models along with their storage options, but it seems to confirm that the device is in for a hefty price hike compared to last year's iPhone 11.
- Xbox Series X pre-orders: back in stock today at 12pm! GO! GO! GO!
- PS5 pre-order deals: Where to buy PS5
- PS5 set to need THIS pricey post-launch upgrade 💸
- Best lightweight laptops: get the best ultraportable laptop
PRICING:iPhone 12 mini (5.4) - $699 (64GB) - $749 (128GB)- $849 (256GB)iPhone 12 (6.1)- $799 (64GB)- $849 (128GB)- $949 (256GB)iPhone 12 Pro [6.1]- $999 (128GB)- $1099 (256GB)- $1299 (512GB)iPhone 12 Pro Max [6.7]- $1099 (128GB)- $1199 (256GB)- $1399 (512GB)October 1, 2020
Last year's iPhone 11 base model's launch price was $699, and while we're expecting a price bump thanks to the 5G support this time around, looking at the prices presented here, the equivalent iPhone 12 model starts from $799 – $100 more expensive than last year's counterpart.
So it looks like a 5G capable iPhone 12 is going to come with a premium price tag. We've also heard rumors of a fifth 4G iPhone 12 model set to debut next year, so if you're not too fussed about 5G, this may be a more cost-effective option.
- PS5 set for MAJOR software updates that will change the way you use your console
- Pure Air review: the best all-round electric scooter?
The iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone 12 will be available in 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB variants, while the more premium iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max will offer 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB models. The two handsets are said to be launching first, with the remaining two to follow in November.
We've also heard that the iPhone 12 Mini will come in an array of six colours, while the top tier devices will only be available in four.
No doubt we'll hear more on the flagship as we get closer to the launch event.
- Best Christmas gifts: present ideas for everyone