The Volvo V60 will now be hitting full production after it was revealed the company will be upping its numbers from 1,000 cars to 6,000 over the next two years.
As the world's first diesel plug-in hybrid Volvo have managed to create a car that offers 1.8l every 100km in hybrid mode whilst still being able to offer up a power mode which uses the electric motor to boost the diesel engine giving the car a very impressive 0-100km in just 6.1 secs.
The car can be charged in just 4.5 hours and once powered up can offer a fully electric range of 32 miles, so perfect for a quick run to the shops or running about town resulting in no diesel being used at all.
First unveiled at the 2012 Paris Motor show the V60 instantly became an unconventional car for Volvo after it was revealed the first batch had already sold out before the car had even reached the showrooms.
Volvo V60 specs:
- Engine: Automatic D5 2.4-litre diesel, 147lb ft electric
- Power (bhp): 215 diesel, 70 electric (215 + 70 combined)
- 0-62mph: 6.2sec
- Top speed: 142mph (74mph electric only)
- Fuel efficiency: 149mpg (optimum)
- CO2 emissions: 49g/km (Hybrid mode)