Latest gaming news
Tomb Raider has spent a second week at the top of the UK games sales chart fending off strong competition from new entries in the Starcraft 2 and God Of War franchises. The PS3 exclusive, God Of War: Ascension, lands in second place while the new expansion pack for Starcraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm entered the chart in third place. The only other new entry in the top 10 was Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, which debuted at fourth.
In spite of server issues that have conspired to make it one of 2013's most calamatous launches, SimCity managed to remain in the top 10, at fifith position. Chart regulars FIFA 13, Fary Cry 3 and Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 line up at sixth, seventh and ninth position respectively, while Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance drops out of the top 10 chart altogether. The rest of the chart shapes up as follows.
1. Tomb Raider (ranked 1st last week)
2. God Of War: Ascension (new entry)
3. Starcraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm (new entry)~
4. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (new entry)
5. SimCity (ranked 2nd last week)
6. FIFA 13 (ranked 5th last week)
7. Far Cry 3 (ranked 8th last week)
8. Crysis 3 (ranked 6th last week)
9. Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (ranked 7th last week)
10. The Sims: University Life (ranked 4th last week)