Sky will be launching the world's first 3D only channel in October. It'll be free to anyone who is already on Sky's top HD package and has a 3D ready TV.
It'll show not only a choice of the best films available on Sky, but also will be showcasing the companies ability to broadcast sport live which it so aptly demonstrated earlier in the year through many public houses and bars.
The full line up:
- International football - Scotland vs. Spain
- Autumn Rugby Union internationals
- Barclays Premier League
- World Heavyweight Title fight
- Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
- Toy Story 1,2 and 3 (Jan 2011)
- Monsters vs. Aliens
- Alice in Wonderland
- Fly me to the Moon
- My Bloody Valentine
- Street Dance UK
- Garfields Pet Force
- Step Up 3
- A Christmas Carol
- The Princes Trust Rock Gala
- Flying Monsters 3D
- Dance, Dance, Dance
- 3D Meerkats
- 7 Wonders of the Solar System
- Treasure Houses of Britain
What Sky essentially will be doing is picking the best of their content and popping it onto their 3D channel much in the same way that the BBC have done with their HD content on BBC HD. So expect in the future the Sky One Christmas Specials, more sports internationals and almost certainly the best from Sky Movies.