Peter Molyneux leaves Lionhead and Microsoft
Veteran British developer Peter Molyneux will leave his position at Microsoft and Lionhead for a new venture called 22 Cans.
More gaming news
- Temple Run for iPad & iPhone now coming to Android as well
- Mass Effect: Infiltrator arrives on iOS ahead of Mass Effect 3 launch
- GAME won’t stock Capcom titles
- Halo 4 News: Release date, trailer, cheats & rumours
- Assassin's Creed 3: Release Date, Trailer & Rumours
- GTA 5 News: Release date, trailer, cheats & rumours
Peter Molyneux, veteran British games designer, will leave Lionhead Studios and his position at Microsoft.
He leaves for a new venture called 22 Cans, according to his twitter feed:
“I have left the lovely amazing Microsoft and lionhead. Now for something really amazing, scary and brave a new company called 22 Cans.”
Molyneux both headed up Lionhead Studios, which he co-founded back in 1997, and held the position of creative head of Microsoft Studios Europe.
Lionhead produced some of the most highly acclaimed and original games of the last few years, such as Dungeon Keeper and Black and White.
More recently he has been involved in Fable: The Journey, an X-box Kinect title which he will see to completion, and the presumed aborted Milo game which was originally rolled out as proof of concept for the hardware.