Payday 2 has entered the UK video games retail sales chart in first place, knocking Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition into second position
Payday 2 has unseated Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition as the UK's biggest selling game at retail.
505 Games's first-person-shooter, in which up to four players can stage a series of heists playing characters wearing ghoulish masks, debuted in first place this week, while Minecraft slipped to second position. It's the first game to hit the number one slot from 505 since Sniper Elite V was released last year.
Elsewhere in the charts, Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 made an impressive climb to third place from seventh, while FIFA 13 slipped two places to fourth. Animal Crossing: New Leaf was a non-mover in fifth place while The Smurfs 2 tumbles four places to seventh.
The biggest surprise of the week is the re-entry in the top 10 chart of Grand Theft Auto 4, which has likely seen some sales in anticipation of the release of Grand Theft Auto 5.
The rest of the top 10 chart shapes up as follows:
1. Payday 2 (new entry)
2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (ranked 1st last week)
3. Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (ranked 7th last week)
4. FIFA 13 (ranked 2nd last week)
5. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (ranked 5tyh last week)
6. The Last Of Us (ranked 6th last week)
7. The Smurfs 2 (ranked 3rd last week)
8. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (ranked 8th last week)
9. Tomb Raider (ranked 9th last week)
10. Grand Theft Auto 4 (ranked 13th last week)