Microsoft considering Office for the Mac App Store

Could Microsoft enter the App store?

Currently, Microsoft doesn't sell its products on the Mac App Store (rather, it is challenging Apple over the App Store trademark), but we may yet see the day when Microsoft Office products will be made available.

We'd seen a glimmer of hope as far back as last year that Microsoft might enter the App store, but nothing materialized then.

Now Microsoft is admitting to looking at the possibility of offering Office in the Mac App Store, but hasn't decided what course of action to take yet.

Microsoft's Amanda Lefebvre told All Thing's Digital's Mobilized blog that they are looking at the option. She said, "It’s something we are looking at." They pointed out though that Microsoft Office is already available on the web in other places.

She said it's an option they haven't ruled out and will see how it relates to their business.

If released on the Mac App Store, Microsoft will have to compete with the already available Apple rival iWork Suite, which sells Pages, Keynote and Numbers.

In addition, Apple takes 30% of app sales, leaving 70% for the developer, so we'll have to wait and see how that condition is dealt with.

However, with Microsoft recently releasing OneNote for the iPhone via the iTunes App Store, we may just see Office on the Mac App store yet.

Would you like to see Microsoft products on the Mac App store? Tell us via Twitter and Facebook and follow us to get daily updates on tech news.

Via: All Things Digital

Comments

Be the first to comment…

Back to top
Close
T3 Newsletter
Sign up to recieve the T3 newsletters by entering your details below

Your Details

As you're registering with us. we'd like to think that you'd enjoy receiving the following emails; if you'd rather not receive them, please untick the boxes:

I would like to receive other emails from T3, Future Publishing Limited and it's group companies containing news, special offers and product information
I agree to the terms of use and privacy policy and confirm that I am over 16 years of age *
Close
Log in or Join

By clicking below you agree to our terms and conditions and our privacy policy

Log in to T3.com with your preferred social network

Log in with your T3.com account

CloseJoinPlease complete these additional details

Join T3.com with your preferred social network

OR

Join T3.com

Please tick this box to confirm you are 16 years old or over

Just so we know you're human

Newsletters

I would like to receive T3 email newsletters, packed full of the latest tech news, competitions and exclusive offers.

I would like to receive other emails from T3, Future Publishing Limited and its group companies containing news, special offers and product information.

I would like to receive offers from carefully selected third Parties. We will not share your data with the third party.

Close Edit your profile

Change your password

Newsletters

I would like to receive T3 email newsletters, packed full of the latest tech news, competitions and exclusive offers.

I would like to receive other emails from T3, Future Publishing Limited and its group companies containing news, special offers and product information.

I would like to receive offers from carefully selected third Parties. We will not share your data with the third party.

Social networks

You have authorised these social networks to interact with your T3.com account.

Please ensure you deactivate or revoke access to this website from within your social networks settings to ensure all permissions are removed.

Close Forgotten your password

Forgotten your password?

Please enter the email address that you used to sign up and we'll send you a new password

Close
Forgotten password
Don't have a T3 Account? Join now