London 2012: The Official Video Game has hung onto to the top slot of the UK video games sales chart
Perhaps buoyed by the recent success of Team GB at the London Olympics, Sega’s official tie-in with the Games has fought off competition to retain the number one position. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games also benefited from the Games, hanging onto the number three spot for the second week in a row.
Elsewhere in the charts, Batman Arkham City climbed to the number four slot and Lego Batman maintained its grip on second position. The highest climber this week was Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, which moved up five positions to take sixth position. Of the new releases last week, only Risen 2: Dark Waters managed to crack the top 20, landing at 14 – a vast improvement on its predecessor, Risen, which debut at 29.
1. London 2012: The Official Video Game (ranked 1 last week)
2. Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes (ranked 2 last week)
3. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (ranked 3 last week)
4. Batman: Arkham City (ranked 5 last week)
5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (ranked 8 last week)
6. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (ranked 11 last week)
7. The Amazing Spiderman (ranked 7 last week)
8. Battlefield 3 (ranked 16 last week)
9. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (ranked 4 last week)
10. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (ranked 6 last week)