iPad accounts for 89% of world tablet usage

Apple still king of tablet land

If you were in any doubt as to the iPad’s dominance in the world of tablets, let this latest study confirm what we all suspected: the iPad is still well and truly king.

The report, by comscore, says the iPad is responsible for 89% of all worldwide tablet traffic, while in the US that figure rises to 97%. Other tablets are struggling to get a look in.

Obviously this is tracking only online usage, but then that’s still a pretty good indicator.

“The iPad is currently the dominant tablet device across all geographies, contributing more than 89 percent of tablet traffic across all markets,” the report reads.

In the US the iPad has nearly 97% of non-computer traffic, with Android accounting for almost all of the remaining 3%.

So does Apple have the tablet game sewn up? Or is it not too late for the likes of the HP Touchpad to steal its thunder? Let us know via Facebook or Twitter.

via Mac Rumors 

Comments

Be the first to comment…

Back to top
Close
T3 Newsletter
Sign up to recieve the T3 newsletters by entering your details below

Your Details

As you're registering with us. we'd like to think that you'd enjoy receiving the following emails; if you'd rather not receive them, please untick the boxes:

I would like to receive other emails from T3, Future Publishing Limited and it's group companies containing news, special offers and product information
I agree to the terms of use and privacy policy and confirm that I am over 16 years of age *
Close
Log in or Join

By clicking below you agree to our terms and conditions and our privacy policy

Log in to T3.com with your preferred social network

Log in with your T3.com account

CloseJoinPlease complete these additional details

Join T3.com with your preferred social network

OR

Join T3.com

Please tick this box to confirm you are 16 years old or over

Just so we know you're human

Newsletters

I would like to receive T3 email newsletters, packed full of the latest tech news, competitions and exclusive offers.

I would like to receive other emails from T3, Future Publishing Limited and its group companies containing news, special offers and product information.

I would like to receive offers from carefully selected third Parties. We will not share your data with the third party.

Close Edit your profile

Change your password

Newsletters

I would like to receive T3 email newsletters, packed full of the latest tech news, competitions and exclusive offers.

I would like to receive other emails from T3, Future Publishing Limited and its group companies containing news, special offers and product information.

I would like to receive offers from carefully selected third Parties. We will not share your data with the third party.

Social networks

You have authorised these social networks to interact with your T3.com account.

Please ensure you deactivate or revoke access to this website from within your social networks settings to ensure all permissions are removed.

Close Forgotten your password

Forgotten your password?

Please enter the email address that you used to sign up and we'll send you a new password

Close
Forgotten password
Don't have a T3 Account? Join now