Halo 4 tops UK games sales charts
With the inevitability of the sun rising in the morning, Halo 4 has bagged the top position in the UK’s videogames sales chart in its first week of release
Modern Warfare 3 latest..
Halo 4 has unseated Assassin’s Creed III for its first week in the UK videogames sales chart beating the competition to become the UK's best-selling game.
Whether this is due the return of Master Chief or Microsoft renting out Liechtenstein for a day to promote the game is uncertain at this stage. What’s completely apparent, however, is that Halo 4’s arrival has pushed last week’s top seller, Assassin’s Creed III, down a peg. One hopes Halo 4 enjoys its week in the sun, as it’s more than likely to be unseated by this time next week as Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 is going on sale tomorrow.
EA games occupy the third and fourth slots with FIFA 13 and Need For Speed: Most Wanted respectively. Elswhere, Medal Of Honor: Warfighter, the nation’s top seller only two weeks ago, has slipped from sixth place to tenth.
The rest of the top 10 sellers in the UK shape up as follows:
1. Halo 4 (new entry)
2. Assassin’s Creed III (ranked 1st last week)
3. FIFA 13 (ranked 2nd last week)
4. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (ranked 5th last week)
5. Football Manager 2013 (ranked 4th last week)
6. Skylanders Giants (ranked 8th last week)
7. WWE 13 (ranked 3rd last week)
8. Borderlands 2 (ranked 18th last week)
9. Just Dance 4 (ranked 9th last week)
10. Medal Of Honor: Warfigher (ranked 6th last week)