Guinness World Records launches Gamer's Edition app
Beat the world record from right within the app
Guinness World Records has launched a new smartphone app specifically for gamers, challenging them to set a new record on arcade games housed directly within the app.
The Guinness World Records Gamers' Edition Arcade features six games that make use of the touchscreen on iOS and Android devices, each of which present a beat the clock with the best marks being awarded a Guinness World Record.
The games on offer are as follows:
• Monkey Country: The gorillas have gone crazy! Take out as many primates as you can in one minute
• Mental Gears: Engage fingers and brain to pick a series of locks, opening as many as possible in 60 seconds
• Chest Of Destruction: It’s bomb disposal against the clock! Cut the correct wires before they blow
• Hoover’s Hot-Air Escape: Race your balloon up a treacherous canyon, avoiding the overhanging cliffs
• Rupee Roulette: Tilt the treasure chest to swipe the rupees before the clock hits zero
• Adventure Mode: Is the ultimate challenge, with Thomas Braider, a famed archaeologist, guiding gamers on a full-on record-breaking romp through all five challenges.
Scores can be shared via Facebook or Apple's Game Center, with someone guaranteed a place in the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2012. The app also features selected content from the current volume, detailing some of the top gaming achievements in history.
The Guinness World Records Gamers' Edition Arcade app can be downloaded from the App Store and Android Market now for just 59p. There's a lite version featuring.