Guild Wars 2 tops UK games chart
Guild Wars 2 replaces Sleeping Dogs as the top selling game across all platforms in the UK
Epic fantasy unseats Hong Kong action this week as Guild Wars 2 crashed into the top of the UK games charts, knocking Sleeping Dogs into seccond place. NC Soft's MMO benefited from a lengthy pre-purchase campaign that pre-dated its release, but its sales figure couldn't match those of World Of Warcraft or Star Wars: The Old Republic. It is, however, the first PC-only release to top the UK games chart in all formats since ‘Football Manager 2011 was release last Novembe.
The only other new release that made it into the top ten this week was EA's American Football sim, Madden NFL 13, which debut in the charts in seventh place.
The rest of the top 10 chart is as follows::
1. Guild Wars 2 (new entry)
2. Sleeping Dogs (ranked 1 last week)
3. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (ranked 3 last week)
4. London 2012: The Official Video Game (ranked 4 last week)
5. Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes (ranked 6 last week)
6. Darksiders 2 (ranked 2 last week)
7. Madden NFL 13 (new entry)
8. Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron ranked 5 last week)
9. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (ranked 7 last week)
10. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (ranked 17 last week)