App News: Vimeo outs iPad, Android, Windows Phone apps
High-end video sharing site Vimeo has upgraded its iOS app experience to include the iPad, while Windows Phone and Android users can also join the party
With a fleet of new smartphones and tablets expected at CES 2012, video creation and sharing tool Vimeo has upgraded its mobile experience by adding Android, Windows Phone and iPad apps to the line-up.
The app, which has proved a massive success on the iPhone, has been optimised for iPad and will come complete with a built-in editor which enables users to upload raw or neatly edited footage and access to Vimeo's music store.
Vimeo for iPad will also bring full HD streaming and a UI which will allow users to browse other videos while watching. The overhaul has been designed with the iPad in mind, but will also be an update to the iPhone iteration.
Android, Amazon Kindle Fire and Windows Phone users can also join the party. The non-iOS app features are as follows:
· Easily upload your raw footage or previously edited creations in HD or SD
· Pause/resume uploads and get reminded when a video is paused
· Replace existing videos
· Edit titles, descriptions, tags, privacy settings, and credits
· Share videos via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, Email, and SMS
· Watch and manage all your Vimeo videos and download them to your camera roll
· Watch videos from your Vimeo Inbox, Watch Later queue, and videos you like
· Easily like videos, comment on videos, and add videos to your Watch Later queue
· Discover new and interesting videos curated by Vimeo Staff
· Add videos to Groups, Channels, and Albums
· Access stats on daily plays, likes, and comments